What's new

Why did no one want this Arkie?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-x-1-3-4-...W72NGzv6XrGtY2KPO8gr0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Something wrong with it/them?

$$_57.jpg
$$_57a.jpg
$$_57b.jpg
$$_57c.jpg

Looks maybe translucent (hopefully)

Last edited:
Starting price too high. Most people won't believe the seller that it's as good quality as a translucent. Dimensions aren't particularly high value. 0.5" thick vs 1" thick stones are far less valuable... as are narrow arkansas, they're not typically razor hones. 40mm thick is unusually narrow. Most people would rather have a 6x3 than a 12x1.5.

Until Gamma mentioned the lapping, I might have gone for it at that price. The thought of getting that much skinny real estate perfectly flat gives me the chills. I'd rather go look for a missing friend in a dark basement with a weak flashlight in a deserted castle in a remote part of Romania while wolves howl their evil intentions than lap that stone.

Until Gamma mentioned the lapping, I might have gone for it at that price. The thought of getting that much skinny real estate perfectly flat gives me the chills. I'd rather go look for a missing friend in a dark basement with a weak flashlight in a deserted castle in a remote part of Romania while wolves howl their evil intentions than lap that stone.

Dang, don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel.

sure is a beauty though. Will be cool if someone here landed it - would like to know what it's like.

Maybe I should've asked before the auction ended?
Good thing I didn't, cause if I had, then you might not get your wish. :thumbup:
I'll let you know when it gets here.
It seems as if I'm working on building the worlds largest collection of nice looking stones that ain't worth using. So if it don't work, at least it'll be purty. LOL

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Haha. I had a feeling you were the one that bought it. I hope it's a good stone for you, and that it's reasonably flat upon arrival.

I have a Multi colored one but it's got some fissures in it that I haven't figured out how to handle. It's nowhere near as pretty as that one though. If it's flat, then you stole it. If it's not, then consider sending it to a lapidary.

Well, we may never find out now. FedEx tracking said estimated delivery 7/15, then 7/16, now says N/A. I'm guessing they either lost it or broke it, so I aint getting it. *sigh* Seems I'm batting 1 for three on getting stones delivered intact.

Well, we may never find out now. FedEx tracking said estimated delivery 7/15, then 7/16, now says N/A. I'm guessing they either lost it or broke it, so I aint getting it. *sigh* Seems I'm batting 1 for three on getting stones delivered intact.
I bet it shows up Monday.

Top Bottom