What's new

Why did I wait so long to try this blade

So - today I had a fantastic shave with a Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (Super Platinum) blade...I only have/had one of them as I think I received as part of a sampler pack.

Kicking myself as I thought "why did I hold off on using this blade for so long?", it could definitely be added into the favorites rotation which include Gillette Silver Blue, Gillette Nacets, and Personna Meds....

Does anyone have a similar experience where they held off on a particular blade and said "wow! this could be in the small batch of favorites?"

lasta

Blade Biter
Yes all the time!

But after a while I attribute the wow factor to how well I washed my face:c11:

Sometimes GSB are sharper than Nacets, sometimes Nacets are sharper...

full
and
1642711053282.png

Both are more than adequately sharp but with a surprising smooth shave.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
So - today I had a fantastic shave with a Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (Super Platinum) blade...I only have/had one of them as I think I received as part of a sampler pack.

Kicking myself as I thought "why did I hold off on using this blade for so long?", it could definitely be added into the favorites rotation which include Gillette Silver Blue, Gillette Nacets, and Personna Meds....

Does anyone have a similar experience where they held off on a particular blade and said "wow! this could be in the small batch of favorites?"
I find it Sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity, 4-5 shaves and then it drops off in sharpness. The nice part about this blade it is cheaper than the GSB and works well for myself also.

Yes, 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blades are quite nice (sharp and smooth), but they are some of the more expensive blades. They cost twice the price of Nacets, Silver Blues, etc. , at least here in the States. I wonder how they compare to the price of other blades made and sold in India.

Yes, 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blades are quite nice (sharp and smooth), but they are some of the more expensive blades. They cost twice the price of Nacets, Silver Blues, etc. , at least here in the States. I wonder how they compare to the price of other blades made and sold in India.

They are excellent blades. The are the most expensive premium blades in India. Last year they hiked the price to around $14 locally here in India for a 100 which is a hike of around 40% from the earlier price.
I love these blades and am well stocked at the earlier price points. I've also bought some new stock to see if it gets any better for the price hike.

I think the pricr hike across all Gillette India blades is a strategy to push consumers towards basic cart razors like Guard or the vector or the skingaurd series. Though these carts are still more expensive per shave

Top Bottom