What's new

Why Captain’s Choice Deserves Your Business!

Hello Gents!

Long time no see. Hope all of you are doing well and having many of amazing shaves.

I just wanted to make this post to show my appreciation and gratitude to this company.

Captain’s Choice has World Class Customer Service provided by the owner of Captian’s Choice, Scott.

I recently made 2 big purchases with them and am very pleased. One of the products I got was a beautiful vintage shave bottle flask from the 1920’s. This specific bottle came with the original metal topper and cap (a true gem of a find).

Upon learning that it was about to be my 28th birthday, Scott hooked me up with a gorgeous handmade shaving bowl.

Their products are amazing and have true character. I am beyond thrilled with every purchase I have made with them.

If anybody is wondering about this company or looking to pick up some great goodies, be sure to check them out!

Their signature silvertip badger shave brush fits well in the hand, Looks great and preforms admirably. Their soaps, creams, balms, and aftershaves smell wonderful with the perfect amount of staying power.

Easy to lather, great slickness. Drop dead gorgeous hand made shave bowls and mugs.

I cant recommend this brand enough! Feel free to let me know about your experience with his company in the comments, I would love to hear about it!

Thank you, Scott!

Ps I hope they start making a Captain’s Choice shaving brush soaking cup and signature tiny spoons (or a tiny coin?) for cream in the future. I would be the first person to make a purchase!

(Those little spoons can be hard to come by and come in handy!)

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly! Tip of the hat to originality too.
Cat o nine tails and (yummy) 45th parallel come to mind.
So, does that cat o nine really have a superior burn? Lol, I wonder if it’s just bay rum with a higher alcohol content? That one has me intrigued.

Been a fan of Captain's products since I won a bottle of an early version of his BR aftershave at a B&B meet in 2011. I loved the scent and feel. At that time, RazoRock was distributing the CCBR soap, and I began buying those. It wasn't long before CC began selling direct. I've tried some of his later soaps and A/S, but I tend to stick with BR soap, and BR or Co9T aftershaves. Somehow, I got old and my mug and/or sinuses can't take strong scents. I must admit that I always hoped he'd release a Co9T soap. The aftershave is awesome.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
So, does that cat o nine really have a superior burn? Lol, I wonder if it’s just bay rum with a higher alcohol content? That one has me intrigued.
Yes it’s a superb burn. It’s a heat that rises after applying. I’m not sure if it’s alcohol there does not appear to be menthol in the ingredient list. Maybe that explains the warm burn feel not like usual menthol. It’s different / unique and a treat to use occasionally. I’m not a huge fan of bay rum but the scent goes peri with the burn.

I wish the import/export laws would allow those of us outside the USA to order direct from the Captain. As is I'm at the mercy of Fendrihan's stock availability.

I've noticed they can't keep CC stuff in stock anymore. Not sure if more people are buying, or supply chains due to covid are the cause.

Scott is a stand up guy and sells top of the line products. Love my copper bowl and use it exclusively since I bought it a few years ago. He responded to another post where I was having difficulty lathering his soap. He sent me 3 new full tubs to try at no cost to me. Turns out I really like the cream better than the soap. Would have never known if he hadn't been so generous. I plan to purchase more from the Captain as I get through some of my inventory. First class business and customer service.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't own any Captain's choice products, but I emailed Scott a few days ago. He responding very quickly. What a nice man. I have my eye on the Aquamarine heavy copper bowl. It's a beautiful design... reminds me of the ocean... sets the mood. I'm sure I'll order one in the future.

I don't own any Captain's choice products, but I emailed Scott a few days ago. He responding very quickly. What a nice man. I have my eye on the Aquamarine heavy copper bowl. It's a beautiful design... reminds me of the ocean... sets the mood. I'm sure I'll order one in the future.
I just switched back from the scuttle to the heavyweight copper for the warmer months. I love that I can't break it and it is sized better than most lather bowls. Plus, I don't know what Scott puts in the aftershave, but no matter how rough the shave may be I always end up feeling good after a splash.

I second this!! I made a couple purchases recently from captains choice and he surprised me with an amazing gift!! I was beyond flattered.
I love the captains choice shave scuttle!! So luxurious And you need to add hot water once!! No need for a cap! I was curious at first about the open lid, but it keeps my lather nice and warm just using hot water from the faucet! Also if you want to get at full heat again you just pour out the water and refill with hot water from the sink. It’s easy fast and effective. Couldn’t recommend it enough.

The copper bowl is the staple in my den but the scuttle holds down the luxurious lather shaves!!!

Top Bottom