What's new

why can't I stop buying razors?

i had it bad at first too. probably bought over 100 razors in a 4 month period. mostly off ebay, and larger lots. I am 'proud' to say that as of today i am down to 5 razors. BUT i do have a nice looking gold ABC set on the way, and another 5-10 i am watching. i mostly buy cheap razors now on ebay and flip them to fund other hobbies (photography - ouch - another expensive one)

the good thing about collecting razors is you can get your money back pretty easily if you dont overpay upfront. All my buying and selling has made me a pretty penny, so the wife doesnt complain nearly as much since i bought her a pair of diamond earrings using nothing buy my paypal balance!

I used to have RAD but once I found my go-to razor it all but stopped. however, if I do see a nice razor for the right price i'll still buy it

You should tell her the well heeled man needs variety in his life. Better a collection of inexpensive shavers than a collection of expensive women--No? Well it was worth a try anyway.

Just have 1 EJ DE89L now---but have been resisting the urge to whip out the card and order a Merkur slant and/or Futur----I don't how long I can hold out.

Watches
Knives
Pens
Flashlights
Firearms
All have their evil hold on me.

Don't get me started on having BRD(Black Rifle Disease)--AR15's are the grown man's Tinker Toy/Erector Set-- this part here--that part there-- all of sudden you have a rifle---you look around at all the spare parts you have laying around and realize you have enough to nearly build another rifle ---so the sickness continues---I think I have more fun building them than shooting them.

I started out DE shaving with the Merkur 23C just a few weeks ago and now have the LH Progress......When my wife saw the new razor, she gave me exactly the same look as she did many years ago when I brought home my second Ruger......I now know that razors are just like guns; "more than you need, but not nearly as many as you want."

Certainly it is a great hobby, but you can also shave with these things so it is practical, too! At least that is what I tell the wife!:001_smile

Guess I just jumped in with both feet today.

Playing on Ebay today---picked up a Gillette Slim(I think?) Adjustable for $18 and a Gillette Super Speed for $7.

RAD has set in already.

My wife wants to know why I can't stop buying de razors or straight razors for that matter. To tell you the truth I can't give her a reason. I just can't.:confused1

Buy a Barber Pole Slant Bar, a Gold Slant Bar, an Open Comb Slant Bar, an Open Comb Micromatic - and that should cure your RAD.

My wife wants to know why I can't stop buying de razors or straight razors for that matter. To tell you the truth I can't give her a reason. I just can't.:confused1
You cannot stop because research is quite detailed and your thesis is quite complex. You will be done when you are done and that is that. great minds do not like to be bothered so you can send an e-mail when you reach that point !!!! Quite simple really !!!

It is so addictive and there are some many differant ones to buy!

My wife asked me "How many do you need?" I said Yumm How many pairs of shoes or Purses do you need. That ended that conversation.

It is so addictive and there are some many differant ones to buy!

My wife asked me "How many do you need?" I said Yumm How many pairs of shoes or Purses do you need. That ended that conversation.

:lol: It's the greener pastures phenom. There's always a better or more interesting product over the horizon. I think it's built into the human psyche, in other words a (hopefully mild) hoarding behavior to ward off starvation or something is how it originated.

My wife fully supports the habit as long as I let her keep buying the massive amount of whatever it is she uses to make jewelry. I also have to say "that look great!" every time she makes something new and comes to show me.

Sadly, my AD is not limited to RAD. I have it, but have a much worse case of BAD (barbershop acquisition disease). If it was in a barber shop, be it hair tonic, powder, brushes, chairs, signs, displays, strops....I must have it!!:devil:

It is a very practical thing to buy. There aren't that many collectible things you would use so casually. If you owned a copy of Action Comics #1 how often would you be opening it up to read it? Not so with a razor.

Plus, we are preserving history. Almost every time I've bought a razor the seller has said, "They still make blades for these?" A thousand years from now some archaeologist will dig up one of our shave dens and write scholarly articles about our culture, and our old Gillettes will be displayed in museums.

Top Bottom