What's new

Why AS?

I mean NO disrespect but why do you guys use AS? I am acne prone and need to be very cautious about what touches my skin.
thanks

A lot of it is scent for me, yet, particularly with balms, there is a restorative aspect as well. Shaving takes a toll on the skin.

I only use it for scent as well. I use alum, witch hazel and balm to care for my skin after the shave. It's rare I'll put AS on shaved areas and very rarely on my cheeks because they seem to be more sensitive to chemicals and can't handle menthol at all.

I have acne prone skin so I'm also very careful about what I put on my face. My breakouts have significantly decreased since taking up traditional wet shaving. I feel like use of good aftershaves is part of the reason I have way less pimples.

Balms are out of the question though. All balms. Even if advertised as non-comedogenic.

This topic comes up a lot. Here are a couple in which I participated:

Are DE razors better for people with severe acne?

Breakouts?

Coincidentally, just this morning I shaved with my favorite anti-acne combination:

IMG_8013.JPG

For me there are at least 3 reasons for AS:
1. It helps disinfect my skin after shaving.
2. AS often contains soothing/healing agents.
3. I like the feel and scent!
I am (most likely) omitting something.

I think life would be pretty boring if, after a shave, I just splashed warm water and packed up my gear. A good AS is a great finishing touch after a nice shave. Smells nice, feels good and makes my skin feel alive!

OTE="Chango, post: 9496146, member: 111353"]I have acne prone skin so I'm also very careful about what I put on my face. My breakouts have significantly decreased since taking up traditional wet shaving. I feel like use of good aftershaves is part of the reason I have way less pimples.
Balms are out of the question though. All balms. Even if advertised as non-comedogenic.

This topic comes up a lot. Here are a couple in which I participated:

Are DE razors better for people with severe acne?

Breakouts?

Coincidentally, just this morning I shaved with my favorite anti-acne combination:

View attachment 860712[/QUOTE]
Which soap is that? Is that AS Which one?

Depends on the amount isturizer and the strength of the AS scent. If it’s a lighter AS scent, after is probably best.
That doesnt make sense by what i am reading AS closes pores, therefore putting moisturizer on last would be best i think.

Top Bottom