What's new

Why Are Most Boxer Shorts So Uncomfortable!!

Help me out here please if you can. So I usually buy quite nice branded underwear which claims to do all of this and all of that but they are so uncomfortable. I can be sitting there doing absolutely nothing and they would ride up and up like they are being eaten. Does anyone know of any good, comfortable fitting boxers? What do people recommend? (apart from going commando)

I thought they were too until I bought a pack of Tommy John’s. They feel like you aren’t wearing anything and they hold the boys up and in place to keep them out of trouble. I have 3 different styles and love the sport 360 the most.

I'm a common man so I have no interest in expensive, snobby/trendy waist band name-branded or some kind of magical weave fabrics when it comes to boxers. I'm a big fan of Old Navy boxers, they're affordable and comfortable. There was a time when I thought that boxers were just boxers and bought some Fruit of the Looms. They were horrible! They were so bad that I couldn't even grin and bear it while wearing them. I tossed them in the trash and went back to Old Navy boxers. They do what they're supposed to do - they look nice, you put them on and forget about them. They give me no reason to want to look elsewhere. I've worn them for decades. (The brand, not the same boxers! :laugh:)

Last edited:

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I like Calvin Klein boxer briefs, but I suspect they are not even close to what you're looking for.

The ones that sell for around $30 at one of their many outlets are the most comfortable, but the $45 3-packs (full price) are pretty nice and often go on sale.

They don't ride up, but then they're not the kind of material that looks like a small pair of shorts.

There is a ton of differences.

Boxer Briefs - Are what your looking for, Get the 100% cotton. They won’t ride up. The problem is with
Knit Boxers. It’s the way the fabric is made. No stretch and is a kind of slick material that moves up the leg and into areas you don’t want

Check out this web page for ideas. American company in Kenosha, Wisconsin

I'm a common man so I have no interest in expensive, snobby/trendy waist band name-branded or some kind of magical weave fabrics when it comes to boxers. I'm a big fan of Old Navy boxers, they're affordable and comfortable. There was a time when I thought that boxers were just boxers and bought some Fruit of the Looms. They were horrible! They were so bad that I couldn't even grin and bear it while wearing them. I tossed them in the trash and went back to Old Navy boxers. They do what they're supposed to do - they look nice, you put them on and forget about them. They give me no reason to want to look elsewhere. I've worn them for decades. (The brand, not the same boxers! :laugh:)
I thought the price for Tommy John’s was ridiculous. That is until I put on the first pair. Now I don’t care that they are expensive. That are worth every penny.

If there are issues with boxers riding up something is off with fit, either too much fabric, too loose, not enough fabric, too tight, too long, too short.

Every brand has a slightly different cut and fit and you'll want to buy a 1 or 2 pack of each brand until you find something proper for you.

I personally cannot wear any brand of boxer briefs without this issue. I am able to manage with about half of the regular boxer shorts without any ride up. I think this is mostly related to the shape of my thighs more than it relates to the quality or cut of the fabric. I do think twist is unavoidable if the fabric is woven and is cut at a diagonal instead of parallel to the weave.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
How are Tommy John's different? I've tried boxers, boxer brief's both long and short and I still come back to briefs. They hold everything like it should be held. To me, actual boxers offered zero support. The only thing they offered was a little less embarrassment if I split my pants.

How are Tommy John's different? I've tried boxers, boxer brief's both long and short and I still come back to briefs. They hold everything like it should be held. To me, actual boxers offered zero support. The only thing they offered was a little less embarrassment if I split my pants.
I tried one set of boxer briefs years ago and they were horrible. Fruit of the Loom, or Haynes, I can’t remember which.

I tried the Tommy John’s with much trepidation. I was a briefs man myself until I had trouble with them not keepin the boys where they were out of harm. After smashing the left one a couple of times getting in and out of my Ranger, I decided I had to make a change.

I tried three pair of Tommy John’s and by the time I put on the third pair I had ordered five more pair. They just do what underwear is supposed to do. They keep your junk suspended and out of danger and the rest of the underwear is undetectable. It’s as if I’m not wearing anything. There isn’t any ride up, wedgies or anything like that.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I tried one set of boxer briefs years ago and they were horrible. Fruit of the Loom, or Haynes, I can’t remember which.

I tried the Tommy John’s with much trepidation. I was a briefs man myself until I had trouble with them not keepin the boys where they were out of harm. After smashing the left one a couple of times getting in and out of my Ranger, I decided I had to make a change.

I tried three pair of Tommy John’s and by the time I put on the third pair I had ordered five more pair. They just do what underwear is supposed to do. They keep your junk suspended and out of danger and the rest of the underwear is undetectable. It’s as if I’m not wearing anything. There isn’t any ride up, wedgies or anything like that.
Thanks, I looked now, I thought they were just boxers (loose cotton kind) I may give them a shot. I'd get the 8 inch inseam as I know the others would ride up. I have large legs and typically that happens just putting my pants on or wearing them.

Thanks, I looked now, I thought they were just boxers (loose cotton kind) I may give them a shot. I'd get the 8 inch inseam as I know the others would ride up. I have large legs and typically that happens just putting my pants on or wearing them.
I have to get the sport 360’s. I’ve gained 20 COVID-19 pounds and now wear XXXL. For some reason they only offer XXXL in about three styles. I’m going on the HMR Diet at Oklahoma Heart right after the first of the year and see if I can reverse this trend.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My boys are just like Kramer's: they need a home.

My doctor did make me switch to boxers when my lovely bride wanted a child. Didn't hurt, as she got pregnant eventually. But I couldn't wait to switch back!

Top Bottom