What's new

Why are 1964 Gillettes so hard to find?

I've been wanting to find a 3rd quarter 1964 Gillette razor, but 1964 seems to be a scarce year. Were there fewer made that year?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I see them around -- couple Super Speeds and Slims recently. Have you tried posting a WTB thread in the B/S/T?

You have a bubble of guys that just turned 50, feeling nostalgic and buying them. I saw the same thing last year looking for a 1963 model. Just keep looking, you'll find one. You could also put out a "Want To Buy" and see what comes up.

Thanks, I didn't even think about the market place here on B&B. Been checking eBay and other places that sell vintage razors. I don't look all the time, but for the last several years it seems every time I've thought about looking for one there has been a plethora of late 60's and some earlier than 64, but just seemed to always be a void where 1964 is concerned , especially 3rd quarter.

The harder you search for a razor, the harder it is to find one. Its like getting stuck in traffic: its always the row next to your's which moves quicker. :mad3:

Have you thought about a Want To Buy post? Might catch more eyeballs and someone could contact you. Better a brother on B&B than an Ebayer (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Top Bottom