What's new

Why all the hate for shave foam?

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I have no problem with can foam. I love my ritual of creating lather in a way spraying foam does not.

I fully understand the mystique that some attach to the act of shaving your face. I used to be caught up in it. But not anymore. That said, I have no brief with those who make it a ritual. Have at it hoss. Your money, your time, do what you like. Just don't knock those who don't care. I like a good shave as much as anyone and I'm satisfied with the brushless creams I have chosen. I could not rest easy knowing I paid $50.00 for two ounces of goo that cost $0.50 to produce.

I fully understand the mystique that some attach to the act of shaving your face. I used to be caught up in it. But not anymore. That said, I have no brief with those who make it a ritual. Have at it hoss. Your money, your time, do what you like. Just don't knock those who don't care. I like a good shave as much as anyone and I'm satisfied with the brushless creams I have chosen. I could not rest easy knowing I paid $50.00 for two ounces of goo that cost $0.50 to produce.

what brushless do you use?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Meet me at the Toledo city line.
How 'bout we meet inside the Libby glass museum! I spent a week there one day!

Seriously though: Toledo is a REALLY neat city. We took our only begotten there once to the zoo, and were so impressed that we took a three day weekend there not long after and called it a "field trip for Homeskoolers" and had a great time. They have a science and technology museum that is FIRST rate, where kids do hands on stuff...

Oh, that was a WONDERFUL weekend. Thank you for bringing back the memory! Just for that, as soon as my Guvna lets Arkoman travel without restrictions, I'll send you all the Arko you ever need, free of charge!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
How 'bout we meet inside the Libby glass museum! I spent a week there one day!

Seriously though: Toledo is a REALLY neat city. We took our only begotten there once to the zoo, and were so impressed that we took a three day weekend there not long after and called it a "field trip for Homeskoolers" and had a great time. They have a science and technology museum that is FIRST rate, where kids do hands on stuff...

Oh, that was a WONDERFUL weekend. Thank you for bringing back the memory! Just for that, as soon as my Guvna lets Arkoman travel without restrictions, I'll send you all the Arko you ever need, free of charge!
Are you REALLY swearing off Arko?

FarmerTan

Are you REALLY swearing off Arko?
No.... BUT.... I really do have so many soaps it would be a sin to not:

1) shave EVERY day, and....

2) give some stuff away.

The War Department is MORE than happy to PAY FOR THE POSTAGE just to get rid of some stuff.

And Covid has REALLY messed up my circadian rhythm....I HAVE to get on a schedule, and that means shaving daily, I think, as a start. I was in a funk when my cardiologist decided that werkin' for a living was killing me, and just as I climbed out of that pit (or really God lifted me out of it) winter came, with all the cabin fever/depression that brings me, and then I got Covid....so it just made me realize that I need a routine, because man was NOT Created to die in his Lazyarseboy.

So I NEED to do some PIFs!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
No.... BUT.... I really do have so many soaps it would be a sin to not:

1) shave EVERY day, and....

2) give some stuff away.

The War Department is MORE than happy to PAY FOR THE POSTAGE just to get rid of some stuff.

And Covid has REALLY messed up my circadian rhythm....I HAVE to get on a schedule, and that means shaving daily, I think, as a start. I was in a funk when my cardiologist decided that werkin' for a living was killing me, and just as I climbed out of that pit (or really God lifted me out of it) winter came, with all the cabin fever/depression that brings me, and then I got Covid....so it just made me realize that I need a routine, because man was NOT Created to die in his Lazyarseboy.

So I NEED to do some PIFs!
Well I have plenty myself- probably 10 or more Arko, at least 20 Williams, 30 or more vintage Williams, 18-24 Palmolive sticks, Wilkinson sticks, etc. There is also a box in the closet- probably 3 feet square- filled with other soaps and creams.

FarmerTan

Well I have plenty myself- probably 10 or more Arko, at least 20 Williams, 30 or more vintage Williams, 18-24 Palmolive sticks, Wilkinson sticks, etc. There is also a box in the closet- probably 3 feet square- filled with other soaps and creams.
Do I have your permission to use your post to defend myself as needed with the War Department? LOL, no, I will face her wrath like a man: hide behind the clothes in the closet and beg for mercy!

But I am getting rid of the Tabac I won from @Wgg2017 ..... someone a WHOLE lot more worthy than me needs to try it. The both of us came up with the idea (okay, MOSTLY him because he is both smarter and far nicer than me) of seeing it be spread around for those folks that have never tried it.

I thought it was brilliant of him, so that will be my first one.

It’s been said by others: for me it’s about environmental waste. I switched from a Trac II type cartridge razor to a double edge because I was concerned about throwing away plastic encased blades. DE metal blades can be recycled. I used to just rub hand soap on my face, but I discovered I could get a lot more shaves per blade if I use lather. (I also increase blade life with a vintage Allegro honer and Twinplex stropper.) I am trying to reduce plastic and metal containers elsewhere by switching mainly to soap bars for hands and hair. (Ivory seems to work fine for me as a a shampoo, although shampoo bars are available for a more traditional experience.) I also now use compostable floss. We also switched to dissolvable strips instead of liquid laundry soap, eliminating those large plastic jugs. I have also saved a small fortune on toilet paper by switching to a bidet (Jan 2020.) We haven’t used a single 8 roll package of TP since Oct 2019, and avoided the pandemic TP shortage crisis. (The bidet has also saved me a LOT of time!). So for me, it’s just one area where I am trying to reduce landfill waste or unnecessary consumption of materials.

Last edited:
Top Bottom