What's new

Why a 7 Razor Set?

As noted, the claim was (bokers site that is linked above actually rehashes this claim in the description of their 7slot razor case) that the metal would gradually return to form after a use over the course of several days.

This is of course false.

What it was is a means of justifying the expense of a showy 7 day set for the buyer and the seller alike.

The only potential "effect" that MIGHT give the impression of what they describe is the following:

If after shaving, there are dings and stray teeth and frayed metal bits (the things that would necessitate stropping), and you DON'T Strop... you put it away and let it sit for 7 days without stropping... what MAY happen is these frayed bits (being thinner) are more exposed to oxidation and oxidize, making them more likely to come off when you strop before your next shave, rather than simply get pushed back into position. This could speed up a rounding/smoothing effect on the bevel that repeated use and stropping causes.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
One physical advantage with a M7DS is that my SR maintenance (0.1um diamond pasted hanging balsa strop only) is now down to about 15 minutes once per week.

I think the logic was to have one for each day of the week (just as a gimmick) but having a few means that (other than stropping) it can be a long time before honing. Many people probably just used a set like that to shave for the year and then turned the whole set in to the local barber for honing and then they were good for another year.

That's just my guess.

To each his own. I personally don’t like shaving with an identical razor everyday. Part of the ‘shaving experience’ for me is choosing music, which soap/scent I want to use, which brush, which razor, etc. I think for me that was one of the exciting things about giving up cartridges in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
To each his own. I personally don’t like shaving with an identical razor everyday. Part of the ‘shaving experience’ for me is choosing music, which soap/scent I want to use, which brush, which razor, etc. I think for me that was one of the exciting things about giving up cartridges in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why you need multiple but different M7DS's. Using each set is like using a different SR.

I am going to TRY and stop at about 5 different M7DS's. That and a few other individual SR's should give me plenty of variation. Forty to fifty SR's should be enough for any gentleman (I think)🤔.

Top Bottom