What's new

Whose got a Rooney Highlander?

I strongly considered one, but went with an Emillion 2, instead. I think I made a good choice for me. :)

The overall shape of it seems a little too close to my Beehive and my Amici to justify owning all three!

I have one and dig it. Because of the loft and density of the knot it's similar to the Heritage Stubby 2-bands which were less dense than the XLs.
The handle is comfortable and a bit larger than I expected when I ordered. I liked the look at first and even more so now.

It is shaped an awful lot like my Saville row 3124 as well. I wish the SR was a fan though

Oh man, I so wish the SR 3824 could be purchased with a fan shaped knot :drool:

I have one and dig it. Because of the loft and density of the knot it's similar to the Heritage Stubby 2-bands which were less dense than the XLs.
The handle is comfortable and a bit larger than I expected when I ordered. I liked the look at first and even more so now.

I really think this highlander is a sharp looking brush. Sounds like the knot is pretty awesome, too. Thanks P Funk!

I have one and love it. This is the only Heritage brush I've tried so I can't offer comparisons..but i find this brush to be highly dense with great backbone and very soft tips.
$IMG_3552.jpg$IMG_3537.jpg

So last night I asked Lee what he had laying around in 3-band, and he sent me a picture of a Highlander. Order placed!

So last night I asked Lee what he had laying around in 3-band, and he sent me a picture of a Highlander. Order placed!

A 3-band highlander, very interesting. Did he actually call it a Highlander? I ask because Jim at VB actually named these brushes, not anyone representing Rooney. According to Jim, they did not have a name when they were shipped to him so he named them after the place he grew up.

I got one in 2 band. It actually isn't as dense as I would have hoped, but whips up a mighty lather. It is more like the water retention of a lesser badger and the soft tips of a silvertip. Therefore is makes a thicker more luxurious lather.

it keeps growing on me...

Top Bottom