What's new

Who’s making handles nowadays?

I enjoy searching and looking at razor handles. Besides the big names, whose out there making handles nowadays? I’ve checked out stork, Ti-bam, razorock, timeless, charcoal goods. I’ve seen a lot of people talk about handles from Russia but don’t know where to look. And a few that went belly up on Etsy. Someone point me in the right direction(s)

Ti-bam and Stork *are* two of the ones from Russia. Another one from Russia is rusdrunkbear on ebay:
Items for sale by rusdrunkbear | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/sch/rusdrunkbear/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

The Russian company making the Start razor also makes handles:
https://homelikeshaving.ru/ruchka-dlya-t-obraznoj-britvy/

You mentioned Razorock -- did you see the three new Razorock handles that just came out a few days ago (UFO, haloed UFO, and two piece halo)?

Ikon? Maggard? Mongoose? Above the Tie?

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn’t know razorock had new handles. But haven’t had good luck with them in the past. I’ve checked out all those others. I was reading a post in another forum but it was from 2015 and they were talking about a Russian guy making custom handles but haven’t been able to find any of his work or contact info. But that was also a while ago so he may not even be around anymore. Thanks!

Stirling has cnc machined stainless steel handles as well. They come in some of the similar styles to Maggard and Razorock. Made in the USA too. They also have a new razor in the pipeline.

Anyone know about 3rd party matte brass handles that would look good on a Karve? I've seen one or two TiBam but don't like these as much. The Charcoal handles look gorgeous but I'm not sure if the finish is similar enough to be a match.

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn’t know razorock had new handles. But haven’t had good luck with them in the past. I’ve checked out all those others. I was reading a post in another forum but it was from 2015 and they were talking about a Russian guy making custom handles but haven’t been able to find any of his work or contact info. But that was also a while ago so he may not even be around anymore. Thanks!

I'm curious What didn't you like about the razorock handles? I have 3 and love mine. To me they are hard to beat being they are 316 stainless at that price point of 15 to 20 bucks. My razorock barber pole is my favorite handle period even over some costing many times more.

So its god to know that CG and WM aren't the only company's that IB is ripping off, now he's going after PAA!! This is funny!!
1576335557626.png

1576335573769.png

I'm curious What didn't you like about the razorock handles? I have 3 and love mine. To me they are hard to beat being they are 316 stainless at that price point of 15 to 20 bucks. My razorock barber pole is my favorite handle period even over some costing many times more.

It’s not that I didn’t like the handles, it was their customer service. I ordered a new handle and pretty much got a scratch and dent one. Asked to replace it and was told they were all going to look like the one i got. Granted it’s a cheap handle, but pictures showed something on the website different than what I received.

Attachments

• D98FA024-1009-4188-941C-A5B7B3D1E30E.jpeg
    D98FA024-1009-4188-941C-A5B7B3D1E30E.jpeg
    482.1 KB · Views: 52
It’s not that I didn’t like the handles, it was their customer service. I ordered a new handle and pretty much got a scratch and dent one. Asked to replace it and was told they were all going to look like the one i got. Granted it’s a cheap handle, but pictures showed something on the website different than what I received.

That's unfortunate. Thankfully mine were all perfect.

Ti-bam and Stork *are* two of the ones from Russia. Another one from Russia is rusdrunkbear on ebay:
Items for sale by rusdrunkbear | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/sch/rusdrunkbear/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

The Russian company making the Start razor also makes handles:
https://homelikeshaving.ru/ruchka-dlya-t-obraznoj-britvy/

You mentioned Razorock -- did you see the three new Razorock handles that just came out a few days ago (UFO, haloed UFO, and two piece halo)?

Ikon? Maggard? Mongoose? Above the Tie?

that haloed ufo is an interesting update on a classic. thx for the heads up.

Top Bottom