What's new

Who's got the oldest 'stache?

Ok, way back in 1982 when I left home and went to college, I stopped shaving my upper lip. To this day, at age 51 now, I have not shaved my mustache since I first started growing it.

I've grown and shaved beards, goatees, etc, but that upper lip hasn't seen the light of day in nearly 33 years. My lovely wife of 25 years has never seen that lip. I don't think I could ever shave it off at this point, just on the principle!

Anyone else out there have a very old, very wise (ha!) mustache?

I started growing mine on New Year's Day 1972. I haven't shaved my upper lip since. It's the kind of mustache that Robert Redford wore in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Neither my wife of 38 years nor my 36 year-old son has ever seen my upper lip and they tell me they never want to.

I am 40 years old, and have never shaved my mustache, ever. I sport a circle beard, and shave my chin every once in a blue moon. A couple of times I had a horseshoe.

My wife wants me to shave it off to see how I'll look, but I'm not down yet lol.

strop

Now half as wise
Continuously since 1976, and only shaved it once since 1973. My bride of 36 years has never seen my upper lip.

Dang, you are all putting me to shame - I thought I had a good stretch going with 33 years! :laugh:

56 years old and I've never shaved my upper lip. I've had a mustache ever since I could grow one...

+1, and I’m 64....if you don’t count the time I accidentally buzzed mine down to a nub with the electric trimmer when I left the comb guard off once. :blush:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
If it weren't for the one time I shaved it off in 2003 when I had my hair buzzed off for Locks of Love, I'd be at 45 years

I last shaved mine in 2001 for my wedding. So, yes, my wife has seen my upper lip, but she much prefers me with my Van Dyke beard.

I started growing a goatee and mustache at 19. I shaved it off once at 20 and immediately started growing it back. I'm 38 now and it changes size and shape with the seasons, but I always keep the stache and at least something on the chin. So I guess the goat and stache are 18.

46 years young and have never shaved my upper lip. So I'd guess mine to be about 31 years old and I intend to take it to the grave with me.

Last edited:
I shaved it off about 10 years ago to show my kids what I look like without it. They told me to grow it back. Mine's only about 10.

How about this... I am 38 and it would probably take me as long to grow a full stache. To this day the lip and chin hair will not connect. I shave 2 3 times a week at most.

June 26th, 1972. Graduation day from High School was the last time I shaved my upper lip.
I wanted to look older. 43 years later it is grey. I have achieved my goal.

In 1970 when I was a senior in high school, I was in a record store in Macon Ga with my then girlfriend whom I worshiped. She picked up an Eric Clapton albumn and said ummmmm! He was seated in a chair with a guitar, long hair and a beard. We weren't allowed to have mustaches in high school but as soon as I graduated I have only shaved it once. That was in 1992 or so and my daughter was around 15. I had totally shaved my face and went to her friends house to pick her up. She took one look at me said I'm not going home with you, and slammed the door. I have never been clean shaven since. So that's my stache history and I'm 63.

Top Bottom