What's new

Who's Disassembled?

If you happen to be in the process of repinning, or have only a blade with no scales--I have a request.

I'd like to acquire some templates of various scales for different SRs. If you're in a position to do so, it would involve putting the steel on a piece of paper, tracing out the outline and placing a dot where the pin would go.

A short statement with a description would be helpful too. Something like, "Thiers Issard, 5/8" LE Grelot."

I'm going to try my hand at making scales; I'm a bit of a carpenter as a hobby, and I have quite a bit of teak and mahogony which would make lovely scales.

Feel free to PM me if you can accommodate this request. It makes no matter, a trace-out of resin, ivory (if that's too much to trace, feel free to just send the scales), or bone/horn a la T.I or Aust would all be great. I want to replicate as many different types as possible.

Thank you all!

Larry.

If you happen to be in the process of repinning, or have only a blade with no scales--I have a request.

I'd like to acquire some templates of various scales for different SRs. If you're in a position to do so, it would involve putting the steel on a piece of paper, tracing out the outline and placing a dot where the pin would go.

A short statement with a description would be helpful too. Something like, "Thiers Issard, 5/8" LE Grelot."

I'm going to try my hand at making scales; I'm a bit of a carpenter as a hobby, and I have quite a bit of teak and mahogony which would make lovely scales.

Feel free to PM me if you can accommodate this request. It makes no matter, a trace-out of resin, ivory (if that's too much to trace, feel free to just send the scales), or bone/horn a la T.I or Aust would all be great. I want to replicate as many different types as possible.

Thank you all!

Larry.
Check out Keith's site.

Oops. This is the pdf I was trying to provide.
I'm sure I got it from B&B somewhere.
It appears to be a combined version of what is in Keith's site

Attachments

• Scale Patterns.pdf
    924 KB · Views: 3
Attached are three scale patterns. I assume the names are self-explanatory.

The George Wostenholm Replacement pattern is my modification to the original scale pattern to add that Wade & Butcher "For Barber Use" (FBU) look.

These patterns were traced around the actual scales so you should use the dimensions from the inner edges. Happy to provide you with caliper measurements from the original scales - just PM me.

Attachments

• George Wostenholm 5-8 Inch Pipe Near Wedge - Original.pdf
    202.4 KB · Views: 6
  • George Wostenholm 5-8 Inch Pipe Near Wedge - Replacement Mini FBU.pdf
    197.9 KB · Views: 4
  • John Heiffor 5-8 Near Wedge.pdf
    228.3 KB · Views: 3
Read this thread from @Doc226:

Different strokes for different strokes. Most guys make the wedge separately from the scales. More recently, I have been making the wedge as part of the scales using a sandwich method. Works pretty well.

Top Bottom