What's new

Wholly Trinity - DE Safety Razors

I'd have to do 2 tiers, Modern & vintage!
And these are my current picks (of course, subject to change)

Modern:

1. Above The Tie Windsor (Made in the USA) SSRH: Efficient, smooth, heavy, perfect size head, close shave, beautiful and built like a tank.
2. Above The Tie Aluminum/Stainless (Made in the USA) H1: Aggressive but smooth, mid weight, super close shave
3. Fatip Closed comb Grande: Smooth, Close, charming!

Vintage:

1. 1962 Gillette Slim Adjustable: Smooth, balanced & beautiful
2. 1963 Gillette Flare Tip: Same as above!
3. Late 60's Schick Krona: Shaves incredibly close despite how smooth it is, utilitarian but pretty at the same time

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
image.jpg

(forgive the inclusion of a SE Vector)

Last edited:
In no specific order:

Carbon Ti Web .68
Blackbird Ti

Honorable mention Henson Al13 +++ v2 - but Ti is just hard to beat.

Waiting on my Yates Ti 921 H which I’m almost certain will be in my top 3 because as a SS, it outshined all of my other SS razors. Won’t spring for the Henson Ti +++ until V2 is out.

The problem with lists like this is, that there is a difference between what are my best and who I want to be the best :crying:
:lol:

But Boots to Asses, the razors that actually are my big Three at this time:

- Razorock Lupo SS DLC (Timeless Ti Crown Handle)
- Razorock Gamechanger .68-P (Timeless Ti Crown Handle)
- Karve SS SB-B (Windrose Darwin Handle)

I prefer lighter weight razors, and those which do not require a lot of attention:
1)
Henson AL13 +++(aggressive) V1 Efficient, smooth, quick shave and idiot proof
2) Henson AL13 ++ (medium) V2 Slightly less efficient, smooth, quick and is a better design than V1
3) Razorock Aluminum Lupo Efficient, and a no drama shaver
Honorable mention to my favorite stainless razor (with Tibam Bobcat Titanium Handle)...
Razorock SS Lupo .72 Efficient, gets into very tight spaces, requires little attention and IMHO better value than higher priced competitors which provide a similar shave. The .95 is great, but requires more attention than I want to put into my daily shaves.

I prefer lighter weight razors, and those which do not require a lot of attention:
1)
Henson AL13 +++(aggressive) V1 Efficient, smooth, quick shave and idiot proof
2) Henson AL13 ++ (medium) V2 Slightly less efficient, smooth, quick and is a better design than V1
3) Razorock Aluminum Lupo Efficient, and a no drama shaver
Honorable mention to my favorite stainless razor (with Tibam Bobcat Titanium Handle)...
Razorock SS Lupo .72 Efficient, gets into very tight spaces, requires little attention and IMHO better value than higher priced competitors which provide a similar shave. The .95 is great, but requires more attention than I want to put into my daily shaves.
I love the Lupo Aluminum. It’s better than the stainless steel options (although I enjoy the 58 and 72). Never got along with the Henson.

In no specific order:

Carbon Ti Web .68
Blackbird Ti

Honorable mention Henson Al13 +++ v2 - but Ti is just hard to beat.

Waiting on my Yates Ti 921 H which I’m almost certain will be in my top 3 because as a SS, it outshined all of my other SS razors. Won’t spring for the Henson Ti +++ until V2 is out.
I can confirm that there is one major update to my list.

The 3 for me are as follows (in no order):

Carbon Cx Ti .68 plate (R2 handle)
Blackbird Ti
Tatara Massamune Nodachi Ti

This likely won’t change much for me. As I’m holding off on new razor purchases unless something so new or innovative comes out.

My top three, in order of preference, are:
1) Lupo .95 OC with Titanium Halo Handle - so far nothing I have tried equals it in comfort, smoothness and shave results
2) Karve Brass Christopher Bradley with G safety bar
3) Blackland Dart - I sold the Blackbird and kep the Dart

Honorable Mention:
1) Rocca with birch bark handle
2) Yaqi Tile

In no specific order:

Timeless SS.68 SB
Timeless Ti.95 SB
Tatara Masamune

Whichever one I am using on a given day is my favorite.

FWIW, I do have other SS razors from ATT, and Yates, as well as an aluminum razor from Timeless (for travel). All of the SS razors are in a regular rotation.

Should be “all the SS and the Ti are in regular rotation”. Just thought I’d this while shaving with the Ti.95.

Top Bottom