What's new

Wholly Raw Fougeres Question

Awhile back I bought a sample of Wholly Raw Fougere Bouquet. Really like the scent which, to me, smells much like Brut splash. Recently I read in this forum that someone thought Wholly Kaw Fougere Parfaite really smelled like Brut. Could someone who uses or has tried both please enlighten me? Thanks!

Fougère parfait smells much more like ysl rive gauche to me.

Fougere bouquet is at my office. I will smell it Monday.

Fern concerto smells like pinaud citrus musk to me.

Is there really a Wholly Raw? Ouch. Or painful typo?

Modern Brut is still considered fougere? Can't help but I'm interested.
"Raw" is an unfortunate consequence of spell check. I caught the second one but neglected to go back to check the previous one.

According to the Basenotes fragrance web site, the original Brut by Fabrage cologne has the following scent notes. It is a very complex scent.
  1. Top Notes
  2. Heart Notes
  3. Base notes
    Sandalwood, Vetiver, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Vanilla, Tonka bean

Wholly Kaw Fougere Bouquet is also comples. It has note of: oakmoss, lavender and bergamot and secondary notes of sandalwood, cedar and other woody notes. The base notes include coumarin, tonka bean, oakmoss, musk and ambergris. Thus, it is similar to Brut, but it is missing some of the floral notes and adds some musky notes.

Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfait has notes of: citrus, geranium, lavender, mint, patchouli, tonka beans and coumarin. This is probably closer to the Brut scent than Fougere Bouquet, but it still is not designed to be a replica.

MER Shaving makes a soap called Brute Force that is supposed to be similar to Brut. I only have a small sample. Although similar, it is hard for any soap to smell exactly like a cologne. The scent notes are only described as citrus and spice.

Thank you, RayClem! It may be that I should also get a sample of the Parfaite, but admit that the mention of mint holds little appeal for me. Still, patchouli .....

Wholly Kaw La Fougere Parfait has notes of: citrus, geranium, lavender, mint, patchouli, tonka beans and coumarin. This is probably closer to the Brut scent than Fougere Bouquet, but it still is not designed to be a replica.

Are you sure? I've heard it alleged many times that it was designed as a copy.

Are you sure? I've heard it alleged many times that it was designed as a copy.

There is nothing on the Wholly Kaw web site that indicates a relationship between La Fougere Parfaite and Fabrage Brut. Sri may well have been inspired by the scent of Brut when developed the accord, but there are differences in the makeup which would indicate that it not a copy. The addition of mint is is one such difference.

La Fougere Parfaite smells very close to Brut but with an added dimension of the 'sparkling citrus'.

Fougere Bouquet is a darker fougere and is it's own scent, I find no similarities to Brut

Top Bottom