What's new

Wholly Kaw vs Zingari - Slickest?

I know this topic has been covered in a number of threads from a number of different perspectives. But, I'm looking for some specific opinions. I'm new to shaving soaps (have been using TOBS Sandalwood) and would like to go for the slickest available. For now, I couldn't care much about scents. Or cost.

So, for my next order, looking for the absolute slickest shave currently possible, between these two (only!) which should I order?

Have you considered getting a sample of each? Maggard Razors carries them.

I think the WK siero base is some of the best and slickest that I've tried, and i think even objectively speaking you can say this soap is pretty darn slick. Zingari is on my radar to try.

Wholly Kaw is my pick of the two. Better lather, a little goes a long way, slicker and not as heavy. The scents are hit and miss but Frougere Bouquet is fantastic. Zingari didn’t really do it for me.

Wholly kaw siero base is significantly more slick than zingari man explorer in my experience. In fact I have found zingari man explorer underwhelming in every metric compared to most of the soaps that are spoken of highly in the forums nowadays. Its scent is weak and not particularly memorable.

They’re so close, I would chalk up any difference to being within sample error.

Batch inconsistencies would account for bigger differences.

I think they’re both a bit overpriced, actually.
I totally agree. I would choose the ZM because it comes cheaper with 5oz product.

Also, slickest vegan formula ever is Southern Witchcrafts. Damn I dropped the brush with alum on my fingers. That is insane.

Top Bottom