What's new

Wholly kaw recommendations

Hi all, I see one of my go to soap providers (slickboys) are stacking up on wholly kaw which made me curious since I never tried it, so all recommendations on performance and scent are highly appreciated
Thx in advance ✌

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Wow awesome. I have several. I reach for king of oud the most. Here’s the thing with WK ... IMO of course. You can’t go wrong.

I just finished a tub of Man from Mayfair--a regular base soap (not Siero). I don't know if that scent is still available. It's a light, warm scent. More important, the soap lathers easily, and it's as slick as any soap or cream I've used--Tabac included.

The balm and toner in the matching scent both work well on my skin. I just finished those too. The only problem with the balm is the pump container. It works OK, but it's fragile, and, unless you open it up and pull product out with your fingers or a very small spoon, you'll leave a large % behind. The toner comes in a normal little bottle. No problem there.

BTW, great customer service and responsiveness.

If you are interested in the newest base, Siero, of the three I have Rebelle, a tribute to David Bowie, is the best scent to my nose. The base is, of course, exceptional. In the prior base, Bufala, I like King of Bourbon. And in the base before that I like Lav Sublime and King of Oud. All of this is very subjective. The one constant is an outstanding base which has gotten better with each new iteration.

Agree with the above. A few of my favorites:

Siero base.... Rebelle, Vor V

Bufala base... Italian Holiday.

Many good options. If you haven't done so, check out reviews on the WK, Maggard or West Coast Shaving websites.
Good luck!

Last edited:
King of Oud is possibly my very favorite of any the new artisan soaps I've tried. It's incredibly protective while still cutting close as you can get. The scent is phenomenal and lingers for a while. Very little product is required for gobs of rich, unctuous, shiny lather. Honestly can't imagine the soap being much better.

Currently I'm on the lookout for a Wholly Kaw scent that is maybe lavender-ish for spring.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
King of Oud is possibly my very favorite of any the new artisan soaps I've tried. It's incredibly protective while still cutting close as you can get. The scent is phenomenal and lingers for a while. Very little product is required for gobs of rich, unctuous, shiny lather. Honestly can't imagine the soap being much better.

Currently I'm on the lookout for a Wholly Kaw scent that is maybe lavender-ish for spring.
WK Lav Sublime is a nice fresh scent for Spring. More lime than lavender; but the lav is still present.

I love Tempest! Here are some recent pics from the last three times I used it!

6D192B82-7B41-446F-A6F0-467021671823.jpeg
F7C78A15-A077-48D4-A794-ABA5B606248F.jpeg
8946AB41-B21C-4D19-A874-81BD3D41C7A4.jpeg
49BAECF2-6352-4E02-AA75-1F53F5CB49AA.jpeg

like them all.

Vor V, Entropy Man, King of Oud, Cuero Oscuro, Spice Vitae, Washington's Blend, Chypre Rose Concerto......

regardless, do yourself favor and order the matching AS splash while your at it..........you'll thank me later.

camo

Top Bottom