What's new

Wholly Kaw Pasha's Pride

Hey guys, Pasha's Pride in the new water buffalo tallow/milk base is supposed to be shipped soon, anyone else have it ordered? I can't wait to try another new Wholly Kaw soap!

I also have it ordered. Please post opinion when you receive yours. Love WK and really looking forward to trying the new base!!:badger:

Well I got the soap and just did a test lather a bit ago. The usual WKDM lather quality, but maybe a bit creamier, very similar though. The scent is fantastic, I think leather and maybe oud are the strongest base notes, but there's something lighter as well, it's very complex while easy to like. Can't wait to shave with it in the morning, I'll update after!

Hey guys, Pasha's Pride in the new water buffalo tallow/milk base is supposed to be shipped soon, anyone else have it ordered? I can't wait to try another new Wholly Kaw soap!
You talked me into it.

A4A9AA87-4F27-4CEB-B079-E135D5A354BE.png

Had my first shave with it this morning. Absolute perfection, nothing else to say. Perfect protection and glide. Lather is super creamy and you get very little blade feel. If you love WKDM, you will love this soap. Scent is fantastic as well.

Had my first shave this morning. As ridiculous as it may sound, I could almost feel the cushion and slickness transfer from the tub to the Simpson X2L as I loaded the brush (I Know :001_rolle). The soap exceeded my expectations on all levels. As mentioned earlier, scent very pleasant. Cushion, slickness and post shave experience did not disappoint! Love the soap. I think WK has a big winner with this base. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Had my first shave this morning. As ridiculous as it may sound, I could almost feel the cushion and slickness transfer from the tub to the Simpson X2L as I loaded the brush (I Know :001_rolle). The soap exceeded my expectations on all levels. As mentioned earlier, scent very pleasant. Cushion, slickness and post shave experience did not disappoint! Love the soap. I think WK has a big winner with this base. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
How does it compare with the donkey milk formula?

This sounds interesting. What is the fragrance profile? Thanks?
From the website:
"Pasha’s Pride – Top notes of lime, grapefruit, tangerine with heart notes of leather, tobacco, spices with oud and sandalwood notes forming the base."

My own personal preference is for simpler scent profiles e.g. Lav Sublime.

Last edited:
Remember, only one shave in. Plan on using it the next several days. WKDM is my number one soap. Hate to go out on a "limb". However, at this point, based on performance, I prefer the Pasha's Pride base.

My exact feelings as well. WKDM base is my number one over everything, and the bufala base is at the very least that good.

To me, the Wholly Kaw donkey milk formula was about as close to perfection as you can get. It loads and lathers easily, has superb primary and residual slickness, and superb post shave feel. I suspect the new WK bison milk base will be great, but if it is a significant improvement on the existing base, I would be pleasantly surprised.

Unfortunately, I am sensitive to lime and grapefruit scents, so I won't be trying Pasha's pride. I will have to wait for new scents to come out in the new base.

To me, the Wholly Kaw donkey milk formula was about as close to perfection as you can get. It loads and lathers easily, has superb primary and residual slickness, and superb post shave feel. I suspect the new WK bison milk base will be great, but if it is a significant improvement on the existing base, I would be pleasantly surprised.

Unfortunately, I am sensitive to lime and grapefruit scents, so I won't be trying Pasha's pride. I will have to wait for new scents to come out in the new base.
check out the new King of Bourbon scent due out on 10/19. I don't know if it will be in the new base though I suspect it will be.

I love WK soaps, but the scents make me nervous about spending so much for a soap without smelling it first. I really wish they offered samples of these seasonal releases.

Top Bottom