What's new

Wholly Kaw Pasha's Pride

Good to know about release of a new base.
I am surprised that water buffalo tallow base is surpassing the Donkey Milk base. Water Buffalo milk has fat content that is amongst highest milching animals but this is tallow here,,, right?
Yes tallow. The donkey and buffalo milk are added for skin conditioning and post shave

Good to know about release of a new base.
I am surprised that water buffalo tallow base is surpassing the Donkey Milk base. Water Buffalo milk has fat content that is amongst highest milching animals but this is tallow here,,, right?
Yes it is tallow but also has donkey milk in it. I'm in the minority about this base performance versus the original Donkey milk, ymmv must prevail.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I did go on to the final payment page and shipping was less than $5. Thanks for that advice. It arrived this afternoon and I'll give it a try tomorrow morning.

Since you all MADE me buy this with your glowing reviews I'll let you know if you have my thanks or eternal damnation. Good luck to you all.
:bayrum2:

:surrender:
I did go on to the final payment page and shipping was less than $5. Thanks for that advice. It arrived this afternoon and I'll give it a try tomorrow morning.

Since you all MADE me buy this with your glowing reviews I'll let you know if you have my thanks or eternal damnation. Good luck to you all.
:bayrum2:

Happy the shipping costs worked out for you. johnwick and DEdestroyer77 gave some good advice regarding those cost's.

Shaved with it again this morning. Sticking by my story! :a2: Enjoy!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
OK, this morning's shave: really nice. It loads slower than MdC, but which soap doesn't? I did, however, overload the brush. This is some thirsty soap. Even after adding water three times I still had lather that was a little too thick - my fault entirely. The upside was that the cushion/protection was out of this world. After three passes it didn't even feel like I shaved.

I will load more carefully tomorrow and add more water for a slicker lather. Nice soap. The scent, thank the good Lord, is not overwhelming. I had a bad experience with GD Amber and Oud and swore off scented soaps, but the reviews pulled me back in. I am not sorry.

Pretty expensive stuff, however. Only 114g in a tub compared to the 200g in MdC. If this lasts me as long as the Bare Naked I will need 3 tubs for a year - about $80 and change. MdC was $48 for a little over a year (including shipping, but purchased 2). But I'm still not sorry, it's nice soap and well worth having.

I find it takes 3-4 days to perfect the soap/water ratio for the best lather any soap has to offer. Since I was quite a ways off this morning and had a great shave I'm looking forward to the next couple of days.

You are all now off the hook. Thank you.

OK, this morning's shave: really nice. It loads slower than MdC, but which soap doesn't? I did, however, overload the brush. This is some thirsty soap. Even after adding water three times I still had lather that was a little too thick - my fault entirely. The upside was that the cushion/protection was out of this world. After three passes it didn't even feel like I shaved.

I will load more carefully tomorrow and add more water for a slicker lather. Nice soap. The scent, thank the good Lord, is not overwhelming. I had a bad experience with GD Amber and Oud and swore off scented soaps, but the reviews pulled me back in. I am not sorry.

Pretty expensive stuff, however. Only 114g in a tub compared to the 200g in MdC. If this lasts me as long as the Bare Naked I will need 3 tubs for a year - about $80 and change. MdC was $48 for a little over a year (including shipping, but purchased 2). But I'm still not sorry, it's nice soap and well worth having.

I find it takes 3-4 days to perfect the soap/water ratio for the best lather any soap has to offer. Since I was quite a ways off this morning and had a great shave I'm looking forward to the next couple of days.

That's fantastic, and I was thinking this morning it is very well on the expensive side. That's funny everybody is off the hook, good one!

:a14:

I love WK soaps, but the scents make me nervous about spending so much for a soap without smelling it first. I really wish they offered samples of these seasonal releases.
I just received a sample of King of Bourbon, along with samples of 5 other soaps I hadn't tried yet (I already tried the 6 they list in the sample product detail). Just list which ones you want in the notes section as you are checking out. So far, KOB smells a lot like Project Leather plus Vanilla. It maybe smells vaguely like bourbon, but not much to my nose. I still like King of Oud and Dance of Agrumes best.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I still like King of Oud and Dance of Agrumes best.

I like King of Oud a whole lot and am using my second tub of it. I can tolerate and kinda sorta like using my Dance of Agrumes. None of the other WK samples I've tried (about ten of them thanks to various members) have appealed to me. Actually I disliked several.

I wouldn't dream of buying a tub of any WK soap without trying the scent in a sample. Still, King of Oud is the perfect soap.

Happy shaves,

Jim

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
OK, second shave and I'm even more impressed. I only loaded for 10 seconds and it was plenty. Maybe this soap will last longer than I thought. This new base is a winner.

OK, second shave and I'm even more impressed. I only loaded for 10 seconds and it was plenty. Maybe this soap will last longer than I thought. This new base is a winner.
I routinely get 2-3 months out of a tub of Wholly Kaw. 5-6 face and head shaves a week using 24 and 26mm Declaration badger brushes, very dense. Find the sweet spot and it lasts a good amount

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I routinely get 2-3 months out of a tub of Wholly Kaw. 5-6 face and head shaves a week using 24 and 26mm Declaration badger brushes, very dense. Find the sweet spot and it lasts a good amount

I get about 4 months with WK, but only lathering face. That still makes it quite a bit more expensive than MdC.

Can we expect the soap bases with buffalo, donkey, goat, and endangered mountain gorilla milk to have a shorter shelf life? Milk after all can go rancid. I would hate to buy a ton of the stuff and have it go bad after 12 months. I have about 60 soaps and I like to rotate and it will take me decades to use all my “investment” in soap.

Can we expect the soap bases with buffalo, donkey, goat, and endangered mountain gorilla milk to have a shorter shelf life? Milk after all can go rancid. I would hate to buy a ton of the stuff and have it go bad after 12 months. I have about 60 soaps and I like to rotate and it will take me decades to use all my “investment” in soap.
Sri had said that it doesn't go bad.

Can we expect the soap bases with buffalo, donkey, goat, and endangered mountain gorilla milk to have a shorter shelf life? Milk after all can go rancid.
No. It’s not milk that is produced in the mammary glands. It’s a secretion from the skin. It will not turn rancid.

Question regarding Pasha's Pride. .

I blind bought the entire Pasha's line when it came out, including the cologne.
It was a most fortunate roll of the Wholly Kaw dice, as was a purchase of King of Oud line before it. The Pasha's Pride is the most amazing and unusual scent I have in a shaving product. I have learned from experience to use it very sparingly, as it is somewhat different than most scents. I would not even attempt to say what it smells like.

I am wondering if the Pasha's Pride is selling well. I ask because there seem to be an initial flurry of interest, more based on being the inaugural bufala base launch, then it seems to have faced from mention. I am planning my end of the year soap purchases, before a planned(!) long layoff for 2019. I am trying to determine if I am safe with what I have, or if it will disappear before next summer.

Anyone know how this doing in the marketplace?

I think that WK didn't push the limits of hype. Those day, the ones that master the science of hype are the ones that get most attention. Nevertheless all the fashions come and go, only the really valuable will remain ( or not!).

Meantime, I'm waiting for my Pasha. Long life to WK

I am wondering if the Pasha's Pride is selling well. I ask because there seem to be an initial flurry of interest, more based on being the inaugural bufala base launch, then it seems to have faced from mention. I am planning my end of the year soap purchases, before a planned(!) long layoff for 2019. I am trying to determine if I am safe with what I have, or if it will disappear before next summer.

Anyone know how this doing in the marketplace?

The only data point I can give is that PP is fairly low down in the list of soaps in the store when sorted by popularity. Who knows whether that’s an accurate measure - I’m just pointing it out.

Independent of that, I’ve learned to buy an extra tub of the soaps that I’m especially fond of if there’s any chance that it will disappear.

Top Bottom