What's new

Wholly Kaw La Superieur Lavender Shaving Soap

Picked this up a few months ago on sale, and used it today for the first time.

Have been feeling under the weather, and I like to use lavender soaps when that's the case for whatever reason. As a sidebar had three days of growth so was really looking forward to a great shave.

It was only the first time using it, but have to say this was without question the worst soap Ive used in over a decade and a half of wet shaving. Lather just wouldn't form no matter how much I used, and I was using distilled water. Finally gave up and added some TOBS Lavender to the scuttle and viola problem solved.

I will try again in case it was just a bad day, but it was REALLY bad. To the point where I can't believe Wholly Kaw would put their name on this garbage.

Picked this up a few months ago on sale, and used it today for the first time.

Have been feeling under the weather, and I like to use lavender soaps when that's the case for whatever reason. As a sidebar had three days of growth so was really looking forward to a great shave.

It was only the first time using it, but have to say this was without question the worst soap Ive used in over a decade and a half of wet shaving. Lather just wouldn't form no matter how much I used, and I was using distilled water. Finally gave up and added some TOBS Lavender to the scuttle and viola problem solved.

I will try again in case it was just a bad day, but it was REALLY bad. To the point where I can't believe Wholly Kaw would put their name on this garbage.

Have you contacted Wholly Kaw about the issue? If not, I would strongly suggest contacting them first before posting any further about it here. Give them a fair chance to address this.

I've got 1 WK soap from the current formula and it's a great soap.
Great suggestion about getting with them, and possibly where you got it.

Have you contacted Wholly Kaw about the issue? If not, I would strongly suggest contacting them first before posting any further about it here. Give them a fair chance to address this.

Fair point. As I said above been very pleased with their stuff prior.

One thing I found curious is they don't mention WK directly on the front label.

Only La Superieure Lavender and West Coast Shaving.

WK is only listed on the side panel, and is the only manufacturer/address cited. Perhaps made for WCS by WK?

It is also indicated as "vegan" - equally as curious from a company named after donkey milk ...

I think their LS shaving creams are great, it's a bit different to dial in than their soaps. I'd give it a few more shots before saying it's bad.

To update have emailed WK three times since and thus far I have received no response. Conversely I emailed a Blackland about a completely unrelated issue and received a response in a single business day.

Also FWIW have tried again with the same results. Pretty underwhelmed at this point, but given we're talking about an item I paid just over ten dollars for on sale I think its time to just take the L here and move on. Will probably just pitch it if my wife doesn't want it.

@NewYorkBuck that bad customer service, is he and you on Instagram? I've heard that get business's attention.

No Im not - not on a lot of social media really. I tried to email them through their site, but I'll leave it there.

Again, I've liked a bunch of their other soaps so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and just write it off as a cheap loss.

No Im not - not on a lot of social media really. I tried to email them through their site, but I'll leave it there.

Again, I've liked a bunch of their other soaps so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and just write it off as a cheap loss.
Yep just move on. I'm not a big fan where businesses don't answer their customers emails.
Edit: might make a good hand or bath soap.

To update have emailed WK three times since and thus far I have received no response. Conversely I emailed a Blackland about a completely unrelated issue and received a response in a single business day.

Also FWIW have tried again with the same results. Pretty underwhelmed at this point, but given we're talking about an item I paid just over ten dollars for on sale I think its time to just take the L here and move on. Will probably just pitch it if my wife doesn't want it.
have you tried contacting them via other methods? I’ve never tried via their email but have always gotten prompt replies via FB messenger or instagram. It’s not like them to not reply IME.

To update - after communication was kindly brokered by a member here, I spoke to Sri from Wholly Kaw directly.

Happy to report he immediately sent me a replacement, and I can report it lathered just fine. Don't know what was wrong with that first one, but Wholly Kaw did me right.

Oh so you changed your mind and followed through? Some kind of fluke I guess nice you got a good soap now.

Top Bottom