What's new

Wholly Kaw King of Oud

I recently purchased the Tallow version of Wholly Kaw KOU. When I opened the container, the fragrance from the puck reminded me of the fragrance of not so healthy vegetation. By contrast the fragrance that emanated from the lid is amazingly good.

Maybe the scent of one of the components is too strong. Any thoughts on letting the container air out overnight?

I've had similar experience with one of their tallow soaps. After leaving it open for couple of days, it doesn't smell bad anymore.

I've had similar experience with one of their tallow soaps. After leaving it open for couple of days, it doesn't smell bad anymore.
I left the lid open for 48 hours and the scent of the soap permeated my bathroom. The soap is a little better now.

Oud is a particularly challenging scent note. I'm honestly surprised that its quite popular. Could be an issue with the soap as Keyvan mentioned but it could honestly just be Oud doing what it does best...be extremely polarizing.

It smells great after it is toned down. The brush thy I lather with, for example, has a wonderful fragrance after I wash it out. My issue is arises from the fact that I am not using shaving soap as an alternative to cologne. I want the scent to add to the shaving experience.

Top Bottom