What's new

Whole foods Shaving Creams

So I was browsing at whole foods yesterday and picked up a couple of KMF shaving creams. I saw the Tom's of maine (or whatever) and will try those as many people said they were pretty good.

my question is that i also saw another brand named something like "organics" or something similar...they had a lavendar in a tube and tub and they had a greeen one. Does anyone have an opinion about this brand?

Sorry for being so vague...I guess I should have done a little more homework before posting this.

You're thinking of Avalon Organics. It's a true brushless, & is not intended to lather. It is easily one of the best brushless products out there. Second only to Cremo Cream. The lemon verbena variety is my personal favorite, & if memory serves, it's not overly expensive. It's certainly worth a shot.

I bought a tube of it in a local organic foods store a couple of weeks ago. I read the label and it said something like "lather on the face" in the directions, so I bought one. Used it once and got ZERO lather! Was slick when I put it on with my hand, but didn't do my bursh any good. The lavender scent was very nice though. I figured I'll get my wife to try it on her legs the next time she shaves.

Norm

Thanks for the information...good to know.

Does anyone know about another Whole Foods shaving cream called "Nature's Gate Organics?"

The only Nature's Gate product I've ever tried was the deodorant, & it sucked. It failed me while I was doing nothing more than sitting at a desk in an air conditioed office. Come to think of it, the Avalon Organics deodorant had the same result. I can't imagine what would have happened if I was doing anything the least bit physical. Still, the AO shaving cream is quite good.

When you are tempted to "pass" on trying a new cream because you might not "like" it, GET IT ANYWAY & if you really find you don't like it just slather up the WIFE (legs & other tender parts !!! LOL) & shave her bristles !!!! The more CAD mistakes you make the smoother SWMBO will be !!!

Norm, you are brilliant...You've solved a big problem in a lot of CADs sufferers lifes....No more guilty feelings about losing cream choices...

..... figured I'll get my wife to try it on her legs the next time she shaves.

Norm

Brilliant Prince....You should change your handle from Sir Shave A Lot to Sir Shaves Her Alot !!!

What we won't DO for SWMBO !!!! No sacrifice is too great !!!!

I like the Tom's of Maine Calendula scent (better than the mint for me). It lathers quite well although it does require a bit of chasing around in the mug to get it to dissolve.

I started with the Toms Calendula scent, but it burned my face as soon as I applied it. Tom's of Maine has excellent customer service, I called them and explained what happened and they sent me a mint tube free, and a pre paid envelope to send back the Calendula.

I'm not to crazy about the mint scent, but it lathers well, and doesn't feel like battery acid going on my face. One nice plus after the shave there is a nice tingly feeling from the mint EO :smile:

In my searching I have tried most of those various creams at Whole Foods and Whole Oats (now the same) and didn't find anything that even comes close to Musgo Real, which I use brushless.

I was at Whole Paycheck last week and bought some Avalon Organics (against my better judgement--but it was on sale) and some Annemarie Borlind for Men shaving cream.

Didn't like the Avalon AT ALL. Gave it away to an unsupecting friend.

The Borlind was VERY nice. It's ain't cheap -- 19.00 for a 2.5 (?) oz tube, but the smell is very German (it's made in Germany) and I got a great shave with it. I've never seen it any place else.

I was back at WF and saw they also had the aftershave gel. When I checked out, I nearly choked when the clerk rang up the total. I looked at the receipt when I got home and the gel was 38.50 for a small pump thingy.

It has a lot of good botanicals in it (including some wierd mushroom action) and it isn't pretty looking coming out :ohmy: but my face seems to take to it.

I'm trying it for a week. At that price I better look 20 years younger by then.:glare:

Top Bottom