What's new

WHOA! T12 has landed

How about this then, a NOS Kent T12 in Kents 'Best' hair grade. A mighty big brush. A great handle, bigger than my T9 boar. It makes the H8 I have look quite skinny. The T12 hair while in best grade feels far softer than my modern H8 in best, it's way darker too. I'll try a few test lathers later today and give it a run out tomorrow moring. For £33 inc postage I reckon I've done alright.

According to Kent the T9 boar is from the late 1990's early 2000's so the T12 is possibly a little befor this as it has a different 'Kent' type face on the brush.

View attachment 392412 View attachment 392415

Attachments

• $T family.jpg
    $T family.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 235
  • $T12.jpg
    $T12.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
whoa that's a huge beast of a brush!! when you posted the initial picture it looked it didn't have scale so didn't look that big.. sitting next to its brothers.. DAMN.
lol.. can probably call it a soap bully!

regarding the logo, my AP8 has the same style the encapsulated Kent i guess you can describe it, and the AP8 was discontinued around 2009/10 from what Kent told me.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Very nice brush! If you have a chance, could you post a picture of the brush in hand? I've been wondering what the size 12 brushes would actually feel like and for scale it would be a good way to get an idea.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
my experience with Kent brushes is that they lack backbone. Is that the case with the T12

I was also wondering about that. I've been considering another badger but I don't know what grade to go with since I've only used pure. I'll probably look for a Silvertip with more backbone, though.

Excellent avatar btw!

regarding the logo, my AP8 has the same style the encapsulated Kent i guess you can describe it, and the AP8 was discontinued around 2009/10 from what Kent told me.

Hmmmm, maybe the older logo is on the T9 brush then, then come the T12 and finally the neweer H8. I've done a few test lathers today and it seems real soft. AS I've said befor, Kents 'best' quality hair is between a super soft boar and a best badger in that theres loads of back bone but its still soft.

I'll try to get some 'in the hand' and lather pics up for tomorrow.

HTML:
Be interested to hear about the backbone too.

I have a H12 and, in my opinion, its a floppy disaster of a brush.

If I thought the T12 has some backbone I might purchase one.

Here's a couple of pic as promised. As you can see the T12 is a big old brush even in this fellas hands. SWMBO says I've got big hands, thats what you get for being 6'6" and 256lbs.
$12 in the hand.jpg

And a reular sized amount of St.James cream and more than enough lather. Seemed like a waste of a good lather to me.

$12 lather.jpg

As for the usuability of the brush, maybe a tad too big but for me a good brush. I enjoy the Kent 'best' hair experience. As for purchaing one, jb74 this is a New Old Stock, and KEnt no longer produce these. Keep an eye out on the bay.

Top Bottom