What's new

Whoa... La Toja

I've been trying/testing a few shave sticks lately, mostly because I wanted a good travel soap. Of course I had to give La Toja a go as well since I've seen it mentioned a bunch of times on the various shave forums.

First use was this morning and honestly, I was kinda blown away. It's early in my testing, but dang... La Toja sure seems like it could hang with my elite-level soaps! The lather was thick, residual slickness about as good as it gets, plus it held together tightly for 4 full passes without getting foaming or full of air bubbles. The jury is still out on the post-shave... could be a bit on the drying side, but I'll need more time with it to tell. The scent is VERY light. I do get a faint "clean-ocean-salt" aroma, but its super light.

Anyways, if you haven't tried La Toja yet, do yourself a huge favor and order up a stick. Maggard's has them for only $5... I grabbed mine off Amazon for $8-ish because I'm impatient and am a sucker for free, next-day Prime shipping.

This soap might have just ended my $25 artisan soap purchases for good.

Attachments

• EB79A8CB-8310-41B0-A0EF-4F39C5E1AE4C.jpeg
    EB79A8CB-8310-41B0-A0EF-4F39C5E1AE4C.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I bought 4 sticks while I was in Spain this summer . I haven’t had a chance to try them yet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

La Toja stick was the first product I was ever able to get a good lather out of. It made me realize what I was doing wrong and I was able to get a good lather out of most products moving forward. It still is one of my favorite scents and I love it's ease of use. A huge added benefit, as someone with very sensitive skin who lives in a tropical climate, come from the added mineral salts as they act in a similar fashion to alum in helping to seal up cuts and prevent bacterial growth.

Great great product, I'm about to order another stick since it's been so long since I've used one.

One of the best soap sticks i have ever used.

Now I’m going to have to buy one.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to give this one a try. I'm almost certain I'll like it.

Really like the La Toja aftershave scent and it sounds like the soap is matching. Plus I like shave sticks a lot.

I'm going to give this one a try. I'm almost certain I'll like it.

Really like the La Toja aftershave scent and it sounds like the soap is matching. Plus I like shave sticks a lot.

It's not exactly matching but they compliment each other very well. The soap is a little bit sweeter on the nose and much more powdery scented with less of the cologne scent of the AS.

Unfortunately this is one of the fews soaps I tried that are below average for me.
I say unfortunately because I loved the clean scent.

I have a request, can someone that loves this stick and bought it recently post the ingredients list?

Unfortunately this is one of the fews soaps I tried that are below average for me.
I say unfortunately because I loved the clean scent.

I have a request, can someone that loves this stick and bought it recently post the ingredients list?

Potassium Stearate, Potassium Cocate, Potassium Palmitate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua, Glycerin, Sodium Cocate, Sodium Palmitate, Coconut Acid, Parfum, Mineral Salts, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl, Mehylpropional, Tetrasodium EDTA, Litro Sodium Etidronate- Cl 77891

May I ask what about it didn't work out? It's easy to lather in a variety of water types, it can handle a lot or a little water depending on your preference for runny or fluffy lather, it's not drying nor overly moisturizing/greasy... Unless one doesn't like the scent (which you do like) then really the only complaints could be in reference to it's decently high price per oz compared (still not saying it's expensive though).

Last edited:
Potassium Stearate, Potassium Cocate, Potassium Palmitate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua, Glycerin, Sodium Cocate, Sodium Palmitate, Coconut Acid, Parfum, Mineral Salts, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl, Mehylpropional, Tetrasodium EDTA, Litro Sodium Etidronate- Cl 77891

May I ask what about it didn't work out? It's easy to lather in a variety of water types, it can handle a lot or a little water depending on your preference for runny or fluffy lather, it's not drying nor overly moisturizing/greasy... Unless one doesn't like the scent (which you do like) then really the only complaints could be in reference to it's decently high price per oz compared (still not saying it's expensive though).

I think that's the same formulation I used.
I could lather the soap without any problems, but the slickness and protection were average.
The soap is so cheap, especially if I find it locally, that I'll probably use it again, but without big hopes.

Just for future reference the ingredient (listed by Maggard) "Litro Sodium Etidronate" is really Tetrasodium Etidronate.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Try grating a stick into a regular soap container and loading a brush on it. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
La Toja is my favorite stick. Speick used to be. I still like the smell of Speick slightly better but the La Toja is a better soap for me.

Wow. Speick fell down your list that far, that fast?! A couple months ago you said about Speick: “I think the stick is the best soap stick anywhere.”

When I posted that I had meant to say La Toja. I said Speick in error. La Toja is the best soap in any form, stick or puck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom