What's new

Who would you recommend?................

Good morning gentlemen, This morning, as with most Sunday morning I went to shave. I use a straight, and as I was shaving it came to mind that I have never used anyone to hone my razors. I have always honed them myself. I get what I consider a good shave. I've never considered a BBS as the ultimate goal, and don't get them very often, but it does happen. It came to me that maybe I'm not as good at honing as I think I am. :bored: So I've decided to send 1 or 2 razors out to get hone by the best there is, or the best I can find. Which I'm sure will be the best there is. The problem is I don't know who is good. So I'm asking for your recommendations. The only thing I ask is that they be a active member here at B&B. And that you have used them yourself. And they don't take a long time [more than 30 days] to get the job done. I Appreciate your help and input. Thanks for your help................JR
You know the more I read this the more I don't like the way it sounds. If you would please PM me your recommendation. I don't want someone's feelings to be hurt....................

Last edited:
Brian (Milemarker60) does a really good job at honing, as does Ambrose (Jose) and Larry at Whippeddog. Pick anyone and you will get a great edge.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Lynn Abrams @ straightrazordesigns , Josh Earl @ clearbrook forge, Bong Kim superbleu steward at B&B have produced the finest edges for me in the past

I've had razors that have been honed by Jose, Larry, Lynn and Josh. All great to work with and produce great results.

Jose also does a great job with rescales. Not sure what you are sending out, but if you were on the fence for having some additonal work done you may want to consider checking with him to kill 2 birds with 1...shipping charge

Just my opinion, but I'd send my business to those guys who support B&B. So my recommendations would be Bong (Superbleu) or Brian (Milemarker60). I haven't had razors honed by them but have read about others' experiences.

What hones are you using?I have shaved with 3 razors that I paid to have honed from different people and I found that I prefer the edges that I produced myself.

Paul

Just my opinion, but I'd send my business to those guys who support B&B. So my recommendations would be Bong (Superbleu) or Brian (Milemarker60). I haven't had razors honed by them but have read about others' experiences.
You are correct with the B&B support. No support, non of my money. I SUPPORT B&B ONLY!!! And only those those who support B&B. This is by far the best shaving site on the web. Don't worry about me Professorchaos, this trooper will stay in ranks.................JR:tank:

Last edited by a moderator:
What hones are you using?I have shaved with 3 razors that I paid to have honed from different people and I found that I prefer the edges that I produced myself.

Paul
Actually Paul I believe that will be the end result for me also. But, I never have had any work done before by someone else, and I'm just curious to see how my honing holds up to someone who is known for their good work, that's all. It is just a test of my ability. I will keep doing my own after this. I just want to know..................JR

You are correct with the B&B support. No support, non of my money. I SUPPORT B&B ONLY!!! And only those those who support B&B. This is by far the best shaving site on the web. Don't worry about me Professorchaos, this trooper will stay in ranks.................JR:tank:

:thumbup: Of course I wasn't saying anything bad about the other gents. I am sure they can put quite the nice edge on the razor. All I meant there's no need to look any further than the talented guys here on B&B.

Last edited:
:thumbup: Of course I wasn't saying anything bad about the other gents. I am sure they can put quite the nice edge on the razor. All I meant there's no need to look any further than the talented guys here on B&B.
I agree with you completely!! It doesn't make sense to use someone from another site..:scared: When I can use someone here who is just as good...[actually probably better] as the others and supports B&B.........:thumbup1: I have found 2 gentleman to hone for me, and I'm getting the razors ready to ship. It will interesting to see what they think of my ability to hone.................It is kind of like waiting for the end of the year report card...:crying::crying::smartass:.........OK, I may have crossed the line with that last sentence..................JR

Top Bottom