What's new

Who Would You Like To Share A Cup of Tea With

Who would you like to sit down with and have a cup of tea with, famous or not, living or dead.

I would enjoy sharing a cup of Earl Grey with Winston Churchill.

My grandmother and grandfather were from Cornwall, England. As a kid I enjoy having tea with my grandmother. She would a cup for me and her. Then instruct me what to add, a spot of milk two lumps sugar. I wish I could share a cup of tea with her.

I would like to enjoy a cup of tea with Margaret Thatcher, the Iron Lady and one of my most favorite leaders.

Frank

Dead ~ I would say great grandparents at the wedding of my father's parents would be a nice chance to get to know the history of that side of my family, which to this day is still unclear.

Living ~ Myself ~ 20 years ago.

Sun Tzu ... I'd need an interpreter though ...

$chinese-beauty-girl-11.jpg

Deceased - Erwin Rommel

From the Wikipedia article on "George Lane (British Army Officer)":.George Henry Lane was a British Army officer in the Commandos during World War II, achieving the rank of colonel. He performed a number of missions behind enemy lines. Captured on one such mission, Lane was spared after he had tea with Erwin Rommel, and later escaped.

Still living: Vladimir Putin

One person with whom I would not want to have tea is Charles A. Lindbergh. Not that I have anything personal against the man. But here is something he said about tea drinking (as quoted in "Those Angry Days" by Lynne Olson):

"The whole idea (of tea drinking - ed) seems a little effeminate to me. It is hard to explain why, except that I grew up with that idea. I thought tea was only for society women, and 'Eastern dudes'".

I'm no "Eastern dude", whatever that is.

Living - Mark Knopfler (was gonna say Dave Chappelle but I doubt he drinks tea)

Dead - Richard D. Winters (runner up another Dick....Richard L. Proenneke)

Top Bottom