What's new

Who Would Have Thought

First off I want to thank everyone who contributes advice here to help people refine techniques.

I have spent a lifetime shaving my legs without any real thought other than not getting a nick with cartridges. Last fall I was given a DE and have been enjoying it. I've been reading about mapping your face, looking at how the hair grows and to go XTG before going ATG. So last night I decided to see what my hair was doing on my legs besides just growing... :tongue_sm ......

I took a look at what direction it grows and for the first time ever went XTG on my first pass and then ATG second pass. OMG!!! What a difference! I thought I was getting amazing shaves before, but this is ridiculous!

I have learned more here in the short time I've been here than I could have imagined and I just wanted to thank everyone for being willing to share their knowledge...

:thumbup::thumbup1::thumbup:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
First off I want to thank everyone who contributes advice here to help people refine techniques.

I have spent a lifetime shaving my legs without any real thought other than not getting a nick with cartridges. Last fall I was given a DE and have been enjoying it. I've been reading about mapping your face, looking at how the hair grows and to go XTG before going ATG. So last night I decided to see what my hair was doing on my legs besides just growing... :tongue_sm ......

I took a look at what direction it grows and for the first time ever went XTG on my first pass and then ATG second pass. OMG!!! What a difference! I thought I was getting amazing shaves before, but this is ridiculous!

I have learned more here in the short time I've been here than I could have imagined and I just wanted to thank everyone for being willing to share their knowledge...

:thumbup::thumbup1::thumbup:
Linda:
I've tried to get my Mrs. to convert to DE's (bless her heart because I love her forever and ever), but to no avail. :blush:

She's often told me, "Nah...no thank you...I'm good with using disposables...DE's are soooo old school".
proxy.php

What am I to do? OMG :ihih: ...I have an idea :idea:...I'll get her a Blue Lady Gillette. :thumbup1:

But I'll still keep reminding (every so often...don't want to 'wear-it-out'), her whenever she 'invades' my shave domain (looking for disposables under the basin cabniet because as she aptly puts it "It's a man's job to buy razors"), and asked "Whatcha Doing'? :001_rolle:

My reasonable rejoiner will be "My Dear...did you know that at some point and time... further 'Resistance is futile'?
proxy.php

Christopher
proxy.php

Tell her one of the benefits is being able to shave half as often as she currently does... :lol: If I had known that all along I would have been sold way sooner....

Think of all the shelf space I would need to support another wet shaver in the house! Maybe I'll keep the benefits of the DE to myself for a bit. My wife does enjoy a lot of the scents though.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Tell her one of the benefits is being able to shave half as often as she currently does... :lol: If I had known that all along I would have been sold way sooner....
Thanx Linda...I'll let her know another benefit too. :thumbup:

But I do have a question the Mrs. will no doubt ask me (and possibly other enquiring minds of the fairer sex who may want to know). Does the above benefits also hold true for all the 'other' (armpits, ect...ect...you know what mean), areas of a modern ladies grooming habits?

Christopher
proxy.php

Last edited:
I loaned SWMBO a Lady out of my collection.
Loaded it up with an Astra SP to start.
Her review: "meh"
...and back to the disposables she went.

But, I never thought to ask her how she was shaving.
I assumed WTG, but now i'm not sure.

Good idea :thumbup1:

Top Bottom