What's new

Who wears the better suits?

Who wears the better suit?

• Craig Sager

• Don Cherry

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mods, feel free to move this one if you need to. I'm starting it in the Haberdashery because it is clothing related.

I have no skin in this game, and it's up to you how to define "better". But if you had to vote between the following two gentlemen, who wears the better suits? Be prepared to back up your choice in the comments section.

Craig Sager, who is a sideline reporter for the NBA on the TNT network; or

Don Cherry, who does Coaches Corner for CBC's Hockey Night in Canada.

A simple Google Images search should give you plenty of images to make your informed decision.

Bonus question: which suit would you wear from either of these gentlemen, assuming one was made to your size?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
A simple Google Images search should give you plenty of images to make your informed decision.

So ... you're gonna go google-image-search some photos for us so we can make an informed decision?

:whistling:

So ... you're gonna go google-image-search some photos for us so we can make an informed decision?

:whistling:

Good suggestion. I've never heard of either fellow, and can't comment on their sense of style. I thought Don Cherry was the trumpeter who played with Ornette Coleman.

Nick

Don Cherry was a professional golfer who had a big record hit called "A White Sport Coat- and a PInk Carnation" one of my first 45's in the late 50's -just showing my age!!

There may be two Don Cherry's. The Don Cherry I knew was the long time coach of the 1970's Boston Bruins. He always dressed very well during every game, no sweats or team jackets for Don Cherry.

My vote is for Pat Boone, leather vest era. If you aren't into the bare chested leather vest look I guess shirtless will have to do.

If you HAD to choose just one of the two styles mentioned above, I would chose whichever one reminds you most of Rodney Dangerfield. Shirtless, of course, with **** stains on your white polyester pants.

As always, YMMV. But this look has always worked well for me.

Don is richer so he may have more options on designers.

proxy.php
Don 12.5 million

proxy.php
Craig 9.5 million

These guys dont act rich and wealthy.

My vote is for Pat Boone, leather vest era. If you aren't into the bare chested leather vest look I guess shirtless will have to do.

If you HAD to choose just one of the two styles mentioned above, I would chose whichever one reminds you most of Rodney Dangerfield. Shirtless, of course, with **** stains on your white polyester pants.

As always, YMMV. But this look has always worked well for me.
:ohmy::lol:

Donald S. Cherry. Sharp dressed man :wink2:

I met him at a book signing (he autographed my copy of his book and we got a couple of copies for some of our Canadian boys over in Afghanistan, in which he wrote a personal dedication. He was quite pleasant and didn't come across as overbearing. He sometimes says things that I find offensive, but I could definitely knock back a few frosties with him.

Top Bottom