What's new

Who uses "Shaving Buddy" app

While I have mechanical pencils, I do still have some real wooden ones, plus the old-fashioned crank-type sharpener. It was my Grandfather's when he was a High School Teacher nearly 60 years ago. As a kid, I remember sharpening tinker toys with it to use in the homemade crossbow ...
I’m not a fan of either pencils nor fountain pens because I’m left handed and was taught to hold my paper like a right handed person WHEN I write so I smear the graphite or ink with my hand behind my writing Texting, email and typing has been my friend since 1985 when I bought my first Macintosh computer and a program called typing tutor II.

I’m not a fan of either pencils nor fountain pens because I’m left handed and was taught to hold my paper like a right handed person WHEN I write so I smear the graphite or ink with my hand behind my writing Texting, email and typing has been my friend since 1985 when I bought my first Macintosh computer and a program called typing tutor II.
I'm in the same boat. I almost write vertically these days. Typing has always been a faster way to write.

I’ve been using it for a while. Here is an example of what I track.
A4B35CC5-F5DF-4A19-922B-E30347D83417.jpeg

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette 102 1907 Gold Splined Knob(G 84363)
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super
Brush: Simpson Duke 1 TGN S-tip
Pre-Shave: Georgetown Pottery G12 Scuttle
Lather: Stirling Executive Man
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man Splash
Additional Care:
Creed Aventus EDP

SOTD 07/31/2019

This is derived by responding to these options:
653FD993-E9B8-488E-A6F3-36CBC27EB98A.png

FA82BC53-48ED-44CC-B98C-353ED0B34273.png

8EAFB3D6-1857-4BC5-9AF3-9D03803C4268.png

A8FCFCA6-0E55-449B-A3F7-869CEDC76BE1.png

8D8A826B-9F3E-49BE-B1EE-9103B99F292F.png

I do have words, but they're derisive, unkind and likely not appropriate for the easily offended. Apps exist, not for the benefit of the user, but for the data miners who barrage you with unsolicited junkmail attempting you to buy something at their convenience.
Junkmail should be the least of your concerns.
The whole "app industry, soc. media" is based on the fact that people happy to sacrifice privacy for convenience.
The original saying went: "if you don't pay for it, you are the product". Now it has extended with "even if you have payed for it"

I do not know how this app is working and how safe/secure it is, I was speaking in general terms, not badmouthing this particular app.
FYI: My home network is equipped with a device that filters* the outgoing queries (all outgoing online communication is forced through this) and currently 59.2% of the traffic has been cut. That is the amount what was not initiated by me, ad servers, soc media buttons and other embedded baddies, crawler responses, data collectors, malicious traffic, third party stat things, unintended redirections etc.

Just ordered something, the shop sent me a link for tracking. Instead of the normal NZ post site with a tracking #, there were 2 redirections to servers I've never heard of and 9 blocked facebook service. I don't even use FB. There is no acceptable reason why not go with the official postal tracker.

59.2% which is more than excessive in my book.

*:there are specific blocklist for ads, malicious traffic, soc.media, etc, you can tailor it to your needs.

Yes, I'm somewhat a privacy freak

Top Bottom