What's new

Who uses "Shaving Buddy" app

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Never heard of it. Off to look. This isn't going to give all my shaving secrets to the Russian's is it? LOL

Yeah, it's helpful for keeping track of how long soaps last and how many days I've used a blade.
Gives me a good comparison over time of rated shaves-- takes out some objectivity and seems more accurate than my memory.

Gentlemen, it's been around for over five and a half years!
If you'd just stop stropping your blades, trimming your wicks, and cutting your quills long enough to join the 21st century...you'd know!
...says the bloke who's avatar is a 19th century boot-black.

Funny thing is, I work in IT and have the latest Pixel phone, but I'm not really into mobile apps. I also don't really track my shaving or shaving supplies, so I'm probably not the target audience in any event.

I've been using it for the last 18 months. I love it. Had to purchase the premium, but for some minimalist shavers the free would work well.

The only thing I have been tracking is how often I have to charge my new Braun shaver. Once I get the timing down I will just use it regardless how many shaves I get.

lol ive been saving notes on my iphone about my rating for my various vintage cartridges and now i can have an app???

awesome.

I still like pencile and paper. Never needs charging.No need to update to a newer and “better “ version. Also cheaper , like me.

I still like pencile and paper. Never needs charging.No need to update to a newer and “better “ version. Also cheaper , like me.
Obviously, it’s cheap and requires no power. The downside is that without a backup it can easily be thrown away or misplaced.

There's an app to track shaving? I'm not sure I have words for this development.
I do have words, but they're derisive, unkind and likely not appropriate for the easily offended. Apps exist, not for the benefit of the user, but for the data miners who barrage you with unsolicited junkmail attempting you to buy something at their convenience.

If I were younger, dumber and more gullible, I'd likely have my phone loaded with all that junk. For now my phone notepad, and even pencil & paper (or Post-It notes) are great & they don't generate annoying pop-ups or junkmail.

While I have mechanical pencils, I do still have some real wooden ones, plus the old-fashioned crank-type sharpener. It was my Grandfather's when he was a High School Teacher nearly 60 years ago. As a kid, I remember sharpening tinker toys with it to use in the homemade crossbow ...

I enjoy the app, and I find the convenience the highlight for me. I have to have my phone with me anyway, this is a great way to keep inventory of everything and track what works and what doesn't.

Top Bottom