What's new

who still loves their razorock mamba?

I'm waiting for the Gamechanger.68 with the halo handle to get back in stock. This complicates my decision. I'll probably buy the GC for the extra blade exposure and I like the way the head looks.

The Mamba is a very good razor. It is not my favorite in the collection but definitely among the very best razors. A sure keeper.

I'm waiting for the Gamechanger.68 with the halo handle to get back in stock. This complicates my decision. I'll probably buy the GC for the extra blade exposure and I like the way the head looks.

The Halo handle is awesome...I ended up buying the Mamba for the handle and paired it to my GC84 and GC68...it is perfectly balanced and looks great! I wish they were able to keep that handle in stock more frequently. I even use it with my Wolfman head and love it.

The mamba with the razorock barber pole handle is my favorite razor of many. It's pretty much perfect for me.

It's a fine razor. Mild and does the job. Meanwhile Joe at Italian Barber posted a teaser photo of a 0.70 gap mamba , this I believe is going to be something to look forward to !

I inquired about the stainless Halo handle being available as a separate purchase and was told that RR is likely discontinuing it and the only way to get one is with a currently in-stock Mamba or Game Changer razor :(

On the Mamba front, I initially liked the Mamba over the .68 GC and got closer shaves with it as well... now that I'm a month or so in alternating between the two I think my experience has reversed. Part of it may be the fact that I now have both loaded with Personna SPCs (late version of the coated 74*), I think the Mamba really works better with a Feather than it does with the vintage Personnas, by the same token, the Game Changer seems to really like the Personna blades. Since I have gotten spoiled by going a month between blade changes, it's hard to want to use the Mamba/Feather combo which yields 4 or 5 shaves max between blade changes... although the Feathers don't "grab" the alignment pins on the RR combs like most blades do, so changes are much easier.

It's a fine razor. Mild and does the job. Meanwhile Joe at Italian Barber posted a teaser photo of a 0.70 gap mamba , this I believe is going to be something to look forward to !

It's out now and I have one on the way! The biggest let-down with this release is that the handle pictured on the pre-release Mamba .70 wasn't an available option... neither was the SS Halo :( instead the Ti Halo is the only option.

I don't really get why the choice was to use the TI handle...none of the other SS head razors use a non-SS handle based on my experience...slightly odd for sure

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don't really get why the choice was to use the TI handle...none of the other SS head razors use a non-SS handle based on my experience...slightly odd for sure

For a very short time, the Ti handle came with the Wunderbar, but you are correct in that up until the Mamba 70, it lately have been shipping only with the MJ-90 which is CNC machined aluminum. Sales of the MJ-90 must be slow.

For a very short time, the Ti handle came with the Wunderbar, but you are correct in that up until the Mamba 70, it lately have been shipping only with the MJ-90 which is CNC machined aluminum. Sales of the MJ-90 must be slow.
I think the choice of handle is likely the reason this hasn't sold out yet...that and the lack of a head-only option....

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would have done a head only option rather than get another Ti Halo... It would be extra cool if the handle that was shown on IG with the Mamba .70 had been offered.

My first few shaves with the Mamba I was not impressed. Slipped in a shim and now it's an incredible shave every time.

My mamba is still in rotation. It’s a nice razor. It took me a few shaves to get the angle right. It’s definitely a different feel. I still like it.

Has anyone tried the new 0.70 mamba vs the new 0.84 gc yet?
My Mamba 70 arrived today and I just finished my first shave with it. I cannot compare it to the GC 84 as I found the original GC to give a rougher shave compared to the original Mamba without being as efficient. I am assuming the 84 would just be rougher of a shave and possibly more efficient, although many are saying it is not a daily driver.

After ordering the Mamba 70 (that apparently is the new official name), I pulled out my original Mamba and shaved with it. I immediately thought that I had dumped $65 down the drain because the Mamba gave me an extremely smooth two pass plus touch up BBS where I had to feel my face after the first pass to make sure I had a blade loaded. I had visions of the original GC where the Mamba 70 would add roughness without more efficiency (how can you be more efficient that two pass plus touch up BBS).

When I lathered up tonight, I was absolutely surprised because again I had to feel my face after the first pass to make sure I was actually cutting whiskers. The difference with this new Mamba was that I could have gone right into touch up after the first pass. I did a second pass only because this was my first shave with the Mamba 70. I ended up with a two pass BBS where I could not feel the blade at any point of my shave. I need to mention that when I test a new razor, I always use a blade that has a couple of shaves on it only so I can find out the characteristics of the razor.

I am thinking that if I had a new blade (and a good one), I could get a one pass plus touch up near BBS. The only other razors I own that allows that is my Wunderbar and my Genesis (with a new Gem).

My Mamba 70 arrived today and I just finished my first shave with it. I cannot compare it to the GC 84 as I found the original GC to give a rougher shave compared to the original Mamba without being as efficient. I am assuming the 84 would just be rougher of a shave and possibly more efficient, although many are saying it is not a daily driver.

After ordering the Mamba 70 (that apparently is the new official name), I pulled out my original Mamba and shaved with it. I immediately thought that I had dumped $65 down the drain because the Mamba gave me an extremely smooth two pass plus touch up BBS where I had to feel my face after the first pass to make sure I had a blade loaded. I had visions of the original GC where the Mamba 70 would add roughness without more efficiency (how can you be more efficient that two pass plus touch up BBS).

When I lathered up tonight, I was absolutely surprised because again I had to feel my face after the first pass to make sure I was actually cutting whiskers. The difference with this new Mamba was that I could have gone right into touch up after the first pass. I did a second pass only because this was my first shave with the Mamba 70. I ended up with a two pass BBS where I could not feel the blade at any point of my shave. I need to mention that when I test a new razor, I always use a blade that has a couple of shaves on it only so I can find out the characteristics of the razor.

I am thinking that if I had a new blade (and a good one), I could get a one pass plus touch up near BBS. The only other razors I own that allows that is my Wunderbar and my Genesis (with a new Gem).
Great to hear. Mine should get delivered tomorrow.

Top Bottom