What's new

Who should I send my straights to?

I am not sure if my new razor is truly sharp. My face is a bit sore after three passes and didnt feel like it really shaved my face. I did not see or feel a lot of reduction in my stubble. I would like to send it to someone that is well known for a great edge so I can know if it is my technique or if the two straights I have are not sharp enough.

Well looking at the blade i need to send it to someone. I drag my finger across the side of the blade and in one spot I can feel where it rolled a bit. Think it happened when it slid down my sink. So it still needs to be fixed. I do have two stones here that I could work on it, but would love to see how it truly should be before I try and hone it.

Larry of whipped dog puts edge on a straight too. He's having experience of put an edge on hundreds of vintage straights

I have not had any experience with Bayamontate, though I've read nothing but high praise for his edges. That said, considering your wild looking custom, I would send it to Doc for a proper assessment and diagnosis. You can't go wrong with his honed edge either. One of the best for sure. I would suggest you offer some feedback as well regarding the type of edge feel you prefer, Coticule feel, sharp as a laser/smooth as silk, etc.

I have not had any experience with Bayamontate, though I've read nothing but high praise for his edges. That said, considering your wild looking custom, I would send it to Doc for a proper assessment and diagnosis. You can't go wrong with his honed edge either. One of the best for sure. I would suggest you offer some feedback as well regarding the type of edge feel you prefer, Coticule feel, sharp as a laser/smooth as silk, etc.

+2 on all this. I have experienced quite a few edges from Doc and they were all excellent.

You know when someone like Heespharm is recommending someone for their edges, then that person must be good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom