What's new

Who should be the next Jeopardy Host

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I've said it isn't going to be a straight white male. It also has to be someone who isn't primarily a comedian. My money is on Levar Burton. Nobody hates that guy, and middle aged people liked him from Star Trek TNG, while people in their twenties know and probably like him from Reading Rainbow on PBS. That might help Jeopardy! develop a viewer base not centered on the blue hair set.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I hope the producers don't try to hire someone just to pull a new demographic. People may watch in the beginning just to see the new host, but if you are not a Jeopardy person the novelty will wear off by the double Jeopardy round.

I can get behind LeVar Burton. I’m also an enormous Rollins fan, but probably won’t happen on Earth Prime.

David Hyde Pierce (TV Fraser’s brother)
Mayim Bialik
Ken Jeong
Kevin Nealon
Queen Latifah

I can get behind LeVar Burton. I’m also an enormous Rollins fan, but probably won’t happen on Earth Prime.

David Hyde Pierce (TV Fraser’s brother)
Mayim Bialik
Ken Jeong
Kevin Nealon
Queen Latifah

I could see Niles as a pretty decent host.
Blossom/Amy Farrah Fowler has a new show coming out
Ken Jeong- never heard of him
Kevin Nealon- Never heard of him
Queen Latifah- don't see that going well ratings wise.

I think Norm Macdonald would be an excellent Jeopardy! host. He has a similar sombre disposition, and a great sense of humor, just like Trebek.

Edit: I honestly posted this before remembering he was in the SNL Jeopardy! skits. That would make for a fun coincidence, but I do think his personality would be good for the show.

Last edited:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I thought this months ago. As I wrote then, Levar Burton checks all the boxes. He's smart, articulate, he's connected to learning and literacy and he connects with people under 55 from his years of Reading Rainbow, and he isn't a white male, which is very important to network/Hollywood types.

I think Norm Macdonald would be an excellent Jeopardy! host. He has a similar sombre disposition, and a great sense of humor, just like Trebek.

Edit: I honestly posted this before remembering he was in the SNL Jeopardy! skits. That would make for a fun coincidence, but I do think his personality would be good for the show.
Only if he could host as Turd Ferguson

Top Bottom