What's new

Who shaves more than once a day?

I found myself in the situation where I wanted to get in a quick shave after only about twelve hours since the last one. I started out kind of wondering if I should even bother shaving at all. I wanted to avoid irritation shaving so soon after the previous shave so I figured a quick, one pass WTG would probably suffice for a socially acceptable shave. I didn’t have much of a shadow and when I started the shave I was surprised at how much my beard had grown in in such a short space of time, which is kind of a revelation to me. I ended up doing one pass WTG, and two passes sort of ATG/XTG combo. It was actually easier dealing with only the 12 hours worth of growth rather than the usual 24 hours that I go between shaves, and it turned out to be an enjoyable shave after all. :001_smile

Once or twice a week. When working, shave and shower the night before. Days off I like to be presentable, often shower and shave in the morning.

Now that I am retired I do my "daily shave" in the evening as I
like sleeping with a clean shave. But if I have a morning appointment
for something or another I will do a quickie cleanup with a Gillette
Fusion so on those days it's a twofer.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Shave when I can, like a shave after a hot muggy day or before bed or just to refresh.

Generally, once/day here, in the AM. The exceptions would be when attending weddings, funerals, etc.
Then I'll shave while dressing for the occasion, with a mild razor and a mild blade.

Not any more
When I used to work split shifts behind a bar I'd just have a quick once over with a Philishave in the morning and then I'd shower and wet shave in the evening

Split shifts destroy your social life, but in hindsight I used to get quite attached to the kid's programmes in the afternoons.
One very positive thing that happened a few months later was that instead of watching TV in the afternoons the KP taught me how to play cribbage - we'd play best of 3 and the loser made the coffee

Now that I am retired I do my "daily shave" in the evening as I
like sleeping with a clean shave. But if I have a morning appointment
for something or another I will do a quickie cleanup with a Gillette
Fusion so on those days it's a twofer.

Hear Hear! I really don't need to shave everyday yet I choose to shave everyday. There's a difference. :)

Not I, but my Dad used to have to shave twice a day to look presentable. He had light skin, black hair and a heavy beard. By mid afternoon his cheeks would look sort of blue, like Richard Nixon. After retirement he went to once a day.

One of my fondest memories is of my ten year old nephew sitting on Grandpa's lap, giving him a shave. Both were giggling their damfool heads off...memories....

Not I, but my Dad used to have to shave twice a day to look presentable. He had light skin, black hair and a heavy beard. By mid afternoon his cheeks would look sort of blue, like Richard Nixon. After retirement he went to once a day.

One of my fondest memories is of my ten year old nephew sitting on Grandpa's lap, giving him a shave. Both were giggling their damfool heads off...memories....

To me, half the fun of DE shaving is reminiscing. The routine, the aroma, all of it. DE wet shaving is just enjoyable in so many ways.

I would if my skin could handle it. Anyhow my grandfather used to shave twice a day once in the morning and when he got home from work. I take after him and I have heavy growth however my skin doesn't play nice if i shave even once a day. I stick to every two days.

I cannot think of situation that would require you to do this, what can you possibly be doing that you have to look that presentable to shave twice within (assumed) 16+ hours most of us are awake during the day?

Also based on my own skin and beard (about average I'd say) why would you ever want to either?
Yes, I get that we're all different, but twice a day sounds excessive to me.
For me 3-4 times a week works the best, for my skin, time management and actually looking forward to it, instead of dreading something that absolutely must be done.

I have a feeling that I'll end up with 2x/day. I have very heavy growth and sensitive skin, so I'm thinking one light late afternoon/early evening shave followed by an early morning touch-up shave for a lasting SAS would work better than one shave with 3+ passes. Plus my straights seem to work better on shorter hairs.

My father did because he was a stickler for looking presentable, depending on the situation. I should, but I only shave 2X's a day when I have to deal with the executives at work or very important family gatherings.

My father did because he was a stickler for looking presentable, depending on the situation. I should, but I only shave 2X's a day when I have to deal with the executives at work or very important family gatherings.

Old Habits Die Hard. My father too. ;)

I found myself in the situation where I wanted to get in a quick shave after only about twelve hours since the last one. I started out kind of wondering if I should even bother shaving at all. I wanted to avoid irritation shaving so soon after the previous shave so I figured a quick, one pass WTG would probably suffice for a socially acceptable shave. I didn’t have much of a shadow and when I started the shave I was surprised at how much my beard had grown in in such a short space of time, which is kind of a revelation to me. I ended up doing one pass WTG, and two passes sort of ATG/XTG combo. It was actually easier dealing with only the 12 hours worth of growth rather than the usual 24 hours that I go between shaves, and it turned out to be an enjoyable shave after all. :001_smile

You have the best signature layout. Great aesthetic.

Top Bottom