What's new

Who Plays Billiards/Shoots Pool?

Been playing Pool since 1955 at Boys Club of America in Miami. Still play once or twice a week.

Mostly play One Pocket, not good at Pool. It’s recreation, and using mind.

Most great Pro Pool Players die broke, live in fast land, never plan for rainy day.

Most have nothing but Cue, Backer, not much more.

Legion

Staff member
I picked up a couple of vintage cues to play with, since I sold the ones I used to own. A Canadian made Dufferin, and an Adam “made by Helmstetter” from Japan. I need to retip the Adam, but need to order some smaller tips because it is ~8mm.

IMG_7277.jpeg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
As a young man I played pool for a pub team - The Barley Sheaf, in Truro, Cornwall. In later years I took up snooker and played regularly at my local Conservative Club where I was a member; I reached a reasonable standard but never made the Club team. I would expect to make a 30 break in an evening of snooker, with my best break at 58. It is a game you need to play regularly to maintain any sort of decent level and I no longer play. I still have my cue - a three piece Master Billiard Supplies; I preferred a three piece as with the extension I could normally avoid using the club cues with the half or full butt.

20230424_111652~2.jpg

Top Bottom