What's new

Who needs a...

Genuine Thuringian Water Hone, when you could have a...

GENUINE AMERICAN PETROEUM HONE

(Equal to a Turkey stone, no less)

Screenshot 2021-10-21 033902.jpg

Screenshot 2021-10-21 033825.jpg

You Americans and your obsession with oil! ;)

Americans, for the most part, couldn't care less about oil unless it's being drilled on their property. Our government cares about it even though we've got access to an insane supply. Gotta corner the market and environment and all the other half assed, meaningless platitudes or governments sound off with increasing frequency and diminishing sincerity... let them all fall as they will. Hopefully soon.

An alacritous and perceptive double entendre, sociopolitical factors aside, it is a fine one indeed !
And my complete ignorance of the historical and practical use drove my statement. I will say if it's hard and even gained, I can guarantee I'll try to drag some piece of steel across it at some point with the intent of honing. I've never used a barber's hone and I hear people love the for axes/machetes and that they're great for flattening/ resurfacing harder novaculite. I really should spring for one someday.

And my complete ignorance of the historical and practical use drove my statement. I will say if it's hard and even gained, I can guarantee I'll try to drag some piece of steel across it at some point with the intent of honing. I've never used a barber's hone and I hear people love the for axes/machetes and that they're great for flattening/ resurfacing harder novaculite. I really should spring for one someday.

Interesting! So could I rough a translucent surface with a BH...? Or is it going to burnish it?

If I had to guess, a trans would be harder than the average BH.

That would’ve been my inclination too. I can rough a surface with an atoma, but they still take a bit out of that.

Is that petroleum hone similar to an India stone?

Certainly looks like it doesn’t it. Those are ebay pictures, and I didn’t buy it, though was slightly tempted just out of curiosity.

Reactions: Anu
Top Bottom