What's new

Who makes your favorite synthetic shaving brush?

Who makes your favorite synthetic brush?

• Edwin Jagger

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Frank Shaving

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Kent

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • L’occitane

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Mühle & Nom

Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Omega

Votes: 16 9.5%
  • Plisson

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Razorock

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • Shavemac

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 99 58.9%

• Total voters

Raven Koenes

My precious!
If I didnt know better, I might not believe it. They really are great little brushes.
Believe it Mike lol. Really lol. I've been using it and my APShaveco SynBad this week. They are my two favorite brush. I have a boat load of everything, but those two brushes are all I need...and my Fatip Lo Storto...
giphy (1).gif

Not a fan of synthetics, they are either super floppy or stiff as a board, no happy medium. just makes lathering tedious imo. I will only ever use a synthetic when I'm travelling, because I don't want to risk it with a badger, for that I have a synthetic simpson brush. Never gives me an enjoyable experience, but it's "good enough"

M

member 119848

My brush is a Yaqi 30mm and it´s the best brush I´ve had.
The brands I´ve always seriously considered are Yaqi, Razorock, PAA.

Never owned an Epsilon but they caught my eye. Has anyone a good experience with them?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Others for me, mostly Yaki and Razorock plissofts. Only a few cheap Chinese off brand synthetics(good for travel?)bought some cheapo's to try after my breaking in period of my funk smelling boar brush I bought at shoppers that turned me to synthetics.

Rons Brush cluster (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Anyone else see the humor int he "brush of the gods" having zero votes as of this time given all the love they got previously. I have a Plisson and rate it above any Muhle I've ever owned, but it's not my best synthetic.

If I'm not mistaken though, doesn't RazoRock use some of the same knots a Plisson? or is Plissoft a knockoff of that knot?

I'm still firmly in the camp that were 5+ years away from the synth that I'm going to like as well as a natural.

Yaqi, so other.
I have 4 Yaqi's and 2 other Chinese synthetics - possibly the FS brush. The L'Occitane and RR Plissoft. I have 2 black fibre brushes from German drugstores. The RR Plissoft which is probably a Yaqi, is my number 2.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Anyone else see the humor int he "brush of the gods" having zero votes as of this time given all the love they got previously. I have a Plisson and rate it above any Muhle I've ever owned, but it's not my best synthetic.

If I'm not mistaken though, doesn't RazoRock use some of the same knots a Plisson? or is Plissoft a knockoff of that knot?

I'm still firmly in the camp that were 5+ years away from the synth that I'm going to like as well as a natural.
Razorock is a knock off Plisson and came out with Plissoft before any other vendors really had anything close. Plisson makes a good synthetic now because Razorock had a excellent product(possibly better) and they had to regain their market back just like Simpson synthetics had to come out with a good version to compete with every one else.
I like Plissoft but Yaqi lately has some stellar brush products at a reasonable price and excellent lathering tools IMO.

Last edited:
Simpson or Yaqi for me. Probably Muhle and Edwin Jagger should have been offered as one choice, since I'm pretty sure the fibres of their most highly regarded synth brushes, and probaly the knots themselves, are the same.

Top Bottom