What's new

Who makes the softest synthetic brush

I had synthetic brushes years ago. They where not great. Now with the surge of new brushs i would like to get one with the softest tips. I am a cream and bowl latherer so not all that worried about use on hard soaps.

I have a plisson that’s great. I have a RR Plissoft that’s great. I have an atomic rocket from PAA that’s great. All three are delightfully soft and great at lathering.

I can’t speak outside of those three brands but a few years ago I had an awful nylon synthetic and I can vouch that the game has definitely changed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a RR monster with the plissoft knot on it, is is very soft and I enjoy using. And just bought two yaqi brushes both are tuxedo knots only use one of them so far and so far I am very pleased. Both tuxedo and plissoft knots hold a lot of lather.

Fine Accoutrements actually calls their synthetic fibers “Angel Hair” if that matters. Personally, I have a RR Big Bruce as my daily. It’s perfect - little bit of scrub, holds a ton of lather, just enough backbone to matter.

Mantic gave both RR and Fine brushes good marks a couple of years ago.

I can only compare two. AP Shave Co's Tuxedo knot feels softer than The Body Shop's synthetic.

I see that TBS has a new brush now. The handle is darker, but I don't know if the knot is any different.

Today they are all pretty much soft. I prefer RazoRock .

Mühle and Frank shaving are the only 2 companies making 4th gen synthetic brushes.

For softness at the tips, I find all synthetics to be soft.

For overall softest face feel, if recommend the Razorock plissoft. I have the Bruce handle and it's fantastic!

If one wants luxury in a synthetic, the muhle silvertip fibre is basically the answer! It's a very unique fibre compared to the rest but at a very premium price.

Now with the surge of new brushs i would like to get one with the softest tips.
Without a doubt that would be an APShaveCo Cashmere. Not far behind would be the Turn-N-Shave Angel Hair. In my opinion, the softest tips in the business and would be great for what you are looking for.

Another vote for the APShaveCo Cashmere. I hear their SynBad brush might be softer, though.

The real key with most modern synths and achieving good softness is getting one with the loft set as high as possible. As long as you do that they are all extremely soft.

While I don't have much experience with non-synthetic brushes I can vouch for the softness of the Gen 4. I'm a bowl lather guy and will purchase another if and when this one wears out.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Gentlemen (or ladies, as well ).... how are synthetic brushes at shedding? Thanks, and forgive the hijacking of the thread, please Mr @narativesoul ....

I see that TBS has a new brush now. The handle is darker, but I don't know if the knot is any different.

I’d certainly hope so. I’ve got a shave brush from them and it’s like trying to lather with a Brillo pad. It’s doable, but a bit painful with the thickness and unyielding backbone of the fibers.

Gentlemen (or ladies, as well ).... how are synthetic brushes at shedding? Thanks, and forgive the hijacking of the thread, please Mr @narativesoul ....

I use my RR Big Bruce daily and it hasn’t shed a single fiber, perhaps I just got lucky. Each of my natural hair brushes at least shed a bit during break in.

The RazoRock is the best synthetic I ever used and I have tried many including the Muhle, Edwin Jagger, Chubby 2, Plisson, just to name a few. I love the Big Bruce model they sell.

Fatip_Speick.JPG

I will third the vote for apshaveco cashmere or yaqi cashmere I think they are the same just different size knots. The new timberwolf knot is almost identical and would be a great choice. It looks awesome to.
Happy shaves.
SMURF

Top Bottom