What's new

Who makes the blades at Walgreens?

I was in the local Walgreens and decided to check out the shaving section. They have Walgreens-branded DE blades but I didn't see anything on the package as to where they are made. Does anyone know?

rasiermesserfan said:
I was in the local Walgreens and decided to check out the shaving section. They have Walgreens-branded DE blades but I didn't see anything on the package as to where they are made. Does anyone know?

I THINK it might be American Safety Razor Company, does it happen to say Verona Virginia anywhere on the packaging?

I noticed that the "CVS" branded blades had very carefully been packaged without reference to origin of manufacture. That was some time ago when I was looking for an emergency fix of injector blades!

guenron said:
I noticed that the "CVS" branded blades had very carefully been packaged without reference to origin of manufacture. THat was some time ago when I was looking for an emergency fix of injector blades!

Ron,

That's why I asked. There's absolutely no country of origin that I can see. Aren't all products required to have the country of manufacture listed on it somewhere?

Years ago, I can remember a conversation with my father in regards to identifying who makes a product when it is being packaged by someone other than the brand name. In this instance it referred to Nestle's chocolate milk which Nestle doesn't make but actually farms out to different companies on a regional basis. While I can't remember the exact format of the text, somewhere after the list of ingredients it said "packaged by plant #???". The number listed could somehow be referenced to actually determine what company made the product.

I realize that this information is quite obscure, but maybe it will help someone with a little more knowledge on the subject to track down an answer.

The Walgreen blades only say "Made in the USA".

The case on the Walgreen blades is nearly identical to the Walmart Personna's. The only difference, as far as I could tell, is that the arrows printed on the Walgreen blade are not as clear as the other, and they push left to right instead of right to left :)

Interesting. I'm going to be traveling in a few weeks and usually pick up a pack of el cheapo's at the grocery store before departure. They similarly packaged. I'll have to check and see which of the two they most closely resemble.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
"Country of origin" has lost much of its meaning. A few years back, I owned an American car that was made in Japan and a Japanese car that was made in America.

Kyle what you saw was a US Dept. of Ag. requirement. That was there fundamentally for identification of multisourced food products should a health-related recall be necessary. Country of origin, domestic content, and other issues related to informing the consumer have been relegated to the trashcan in most instances by a national legislature all too ready to accept "contributions" at the expense of the electorate.

Top Bottom