What's new

Who makes the best lavender shaving cream?

Hi all,

I was wondering who you think makes the best shaving cream with a lavender scent. I have been using some Trumper GFT and have really enjoyed it, but I want to try something different. Am I starting to get a case of SCAD? :blushing:

I was almost set on trying some Castle Forbes, but then I read some very positive things about The Gentlemen's Quarter creams and liked their discription. Now I can't decide.

Soooo, please give me your opinions on the best lavender scented shaving cream. I like naturally scented as opposed to synthetic created scents. Hope I stated that right. Also, if there is a nice blend of scents you like that lavender is featured in, that would be great too.

Thanks much.

Shave cream lavender.....TOBS and D.R. make amazing lavender. Same results but I think the TOBS is a stronger scent.

I don't use creams anymore, but D.R. Harris started it business way back selling lavender water and so they really have no excuse not to make the best.

The problem is that there are so many variations of lavender. English and French for example.

What I do know is that if I walk past an English garden with lavender growing and flowering in it, the scent is delightful. In all honesty I have not got the same scent from any shaving product. The natural scent is perhaps a bit too feminine. I have got the natural scent from some bottled waters such as Yardley and some good quality French talcum powder that my wife purchased.

Even the AOS I found to be a bit of a compromise product although I have to agree with the other posts that it is a nice compromise.

Castle Forbes is at the top of the heap. AOS is a more reasonably-priced, easier-to-find alternative, and is a perfectly good cream in its own right. But Castle Forbes really is in a class by itself, both in terms of its scent and the cream quality. There is nothing else out there like it. Here's a little FYI: Andrew French, who runs Castle Forbes, only uses lavender essential oil produced by those who grow their own lavender plants for distillation. As a result, the quality control over the oil is higher, and the result is a truly superior lavender scent, unrivaled in another product.

I will also throw in an honorable mention for D.R. Harris lavender, which has a great scent all its own.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for their reply.

My wife mentioned that she wanted to go by the mall in Denver that has an AOS store. I will see if they have a sample I can score.

I wonder if I have been good enough that Santa will put some Castle Forbes in my stocking? :clap:

However, he might have me all set to recieve something more in the anthracitic family...

Castle Forbes is at the top of the heap. AOS is a more reasonably-priced, easier-to-find alternative, and is a perfectly good cream it its own right. But Castle Forbes really is in a class by itself, both in terms of its scent and the cream quality. There is nothing else out there like it. Here's a little FYI: Andrew French, who runs Castle Forbes, only uses lavender essential oil produced by those who grow their own lavender plants for distillation. As a result, the quality control over the oil is higher, and the result is a truly superior lavender scent, unrivaled in another product.

I will also throw in an honorable mention for D.R. Harris lavender, which has a great scent all its own.

YIKES! I dont think I've ever heard AoS products described as "more reasonably priced'... how much DOES CF cost?

That is very interesting. Is one a stronger scent than the other?

No, just different. I think the French variety is slightly sweeter.

It's not uncommon that even the same species of plant grows and performs differently in different climates.

For me it would have to be Castle Forbes with Taylor's coming a distant second.
I've never been able to figure out why Trumper's don't make a Lavender Cream :001_huh:

I've never tried any of TGQ's creams, but I have tried the Provence Lavender soap, and it smelled great. Colleen uses quality oils. I have no doubt that the TGQ lavender would be a great choice. It's certainly less expensive than Castle Forbes!

Top Bottom