What's new

Who makes the best Kamisori razor.

I’m guessing all straight razors with out the scales are referred to as Kamisori ? I may need some one to educate me on that.

I am wanting to know who excels in making hand forged Kamisori straight razor. I am aware of most of the custom razor makers talked about on the forum but I’m wanting to know if any one imparticular stands out with theses razors. Especially hand forged Damascus

I have a few, vintage I think. All pretty good. I came across one that had some edge damage and my washita's wouldn't hardly touch that steel.
Anyone know the maker?

If you want a symmetric grind, Brian Brown makes a nice one (he may currently be on hiatus, though).

Anybody who makes custom razors could likely also make a non-folding Western grind razor for you. Just ask them and see.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Kenwa makes/made a non-folder that’s western (symmetric) grind, but I don’t know of any others off the top of my head except for customs. Most Japanese western grinds Are folders like the Eiko 14 and King Pelican 14.

You might ask Takeshi at AFramesTokyo.

Yuji Amano (Takami) makes a western grind kamisori out of Shirogami #1 steel. Outside of Japan, there are lots of custom makers that will happily make you one.

Top Bottom