What's new

Who likes Parker 99r...One of best razors i used

I just started to get used to parker 99r,getting excellent shaves with it,some adjustment of technique was needed for this razor ,but i think its some of best for price.After you get used to weight and use light pressure and touch,shaves are amazing,bbs every time without nicks.In begining i thought this was too agressive for me,as i used pressure and odd angles,but now think its amazing razor with just right agressiveness.(merkur 33c seems too mild now when i mastered different razors).Any comments welcome!

My goal is to get gilette superspeed or something similar....untill then,its parker.I still get little better shaves with 3 piece razors(have used these for 15yrs),but 99r is not too far behind,i still need to get used to weight,but im getting there with technique,amazing razor over all.

A 92r was my first razor (Parker TTOs all use the same head,) and it was my only razor for some time. While objectively it isn't the best razor out there, it's the one I have the most handling time with and I can eke a good shave out of it guaranteed. Unfortunately mine suffered one too many a drop and I made it even worse taking it apart trying to fix it. It still works fine thankfully but it's close to being on life support. :001_07:

My problem with Parker is that they occupy a weird spot on the price-quality spectrum. I have a hard time justifying the $30 or so they ask for a razor that isn't bad when for around the same money you can get an all-brass Fatip that's great. Or for even less money you can get a Baili/Weishi TTO that's pretty much the same in terms of quality and have enough money to spare for soap and a brush.

So while Parkers aren't bad and I wouldn't mind using one for the rest of my life, it just irks me knowing there's better value to be had elsewhere. Parker blades on the other hand, are pretty good, and worth getting a hundred of if you can find them for a good price

I have my Parker 99r for about 3 years, really like the way it shaves. I've got 30 de razors so it doesn't get the use it should. Think I'll use it tomorrow.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Parker makes quite a few good razors. My first razor was a Parker tto, I have fond memories of that razor. It's what started me down this wonderful journey!

M

Member 113878

I had two Parker TTOs.
Both suffered from the same problem: one side was too mild, the other too agressive.
I never any problem with all the vintage Gillettes I bought, and they’re often cheaper.

I find Parker razors to be a good value, well constructed at a reasonable price.

I do not have a Parker TTO razor, but I have several three piece razors. I also have the Variant, which is two-piece. My favorite, however, is the Parker semi-slant. It has become one of my favorite razors overall.

I have a Parker Semi-Slant, a Parker 111b and two Parker 29L, one for the wife and one for the daughter.
The 29L's are too mild for me but the 111b is quite good and the Semi-Slant is just one of the best razors I have ever tried :)

I have a 99R. I was deliberating which Parker TTO to get at the time and settled on it because I liked the handle and the fact it was purported to have a good weight to it. I should shave with it more often as it is a damn good razor.

Top Bottom