What's new

Who is Who - In Memoriam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below you may find the members who are with us in spirit, and who made an impact on the lives of all who had the pleasure to have known them.

The members below, though no longer posting here, made a lasting impression on us.
This thread serves to honor their memory.

If anyone becomes aware of a member who should be represented here and is not, please contact any site Moderator and we will make it so.

Last edited by a moderator:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
In Memoriam

Cooncatbob3.jpg

@cooncatbob
cooncatbob, 56, passed away on Thursday, April 5, 2012.
cooncatbob joined B&B April 14, 2006 and last posted here April 2, 2012.
He was the proprietor of Bob's Razor Works, and created razor handles that were works of art and satisfying functional tools. In his words, the "love of his life" was Samantha, the Maine Coon Cat shown in his avatar. He was a skilled craftsman, and he was always ready with a kind word of advice for anyone who asked.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
In Memoriam

mswofford2.jpg

@mswofford
mswofford, 75, passed away Sunday, May 2, 2015.
mswofford joined B&B on July 5, 2013 and last posted here on May 2, 2015.
mswofford was well liked at B&B and he loved his Gillette Super Speeds. His good nature and friendly disposition is sorely missed.
His thread regarding his love of Super Speeds is here:

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
In Memoriam

bryant3.jpg

@bryant
bryant, 33, passed away Tuesday, October 24, 2017.
He joined B&B July 23, 2012, and last posted here on 22 October 2017.
bryant was well liked at B&B, and had his phone homepage set to the B&B Brown Leaf forum. His wife asked that he be remembered when a member has a pipe or a cigar. We do.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
In Memoriam

Mike H3.jpg

@Mike H
Mike H, 58, passed away Sunday, February 20, 2022.
He joined B&B September 9, 2007, and last posted here on 17 February 2022.
He was a very Godly and holy man, and family oriented. He was crafty with woodworking, enjoyed fishing, hiking, camping, and his pipe business.
Mike H was well known in the Brown Leaf forum, and was a very generous and helpful man to everyone he dealt with.
He is missed.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
In Memoriam

2000.jpg

@jakespoppy
jakespoppy, 68, passed away on August 20, 2022, after a long and fruitful life.
He joined B&B on June 20, 2008 and last posted here on October 13, 2014.
He was a charter member of the very first group of B&B Stewards, the forerunner of the Ambassadors we know today.
He was a cheerful, friendly and helpful member who continued his giving to B&B by serving as a Moderator before retiring to Emeritus status.
In his typical fashion, he requested that in lieu of flowers for his service that people do some activity with their loved ones and post a picture of that on his memorial.
Always quick with a joke and ready to help anyone who needed it, he will be greatly missed by his friends here.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
In Memoriam

637418207770b.jpg

@BDF
BDF, 64, passed away on November 12, 2022, after a diverse and exciting life.
He joined B&B on January 5, 2013 and last posted here on September 28, 2022.
He made many of his best friends through forums over the internet chatting for many years with people from all over the world, he felt you could really get to know a person over years of the written word, 2 of his closest best friends were from England and the Netherlands and they stayed friends for many years each visiting the other occasionally.
Mechanically inclined, and a true animal lover, he was affectionately known as “the professor” or “McGyver”, as he could find a work around for anything.
His favorite saying was “Fun is where you find it” and he found it everywhere.
He will be greatly missed by his friends here.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
In Memoriam

talibeard.jpg

@talibeard
talibeard, passed away on December 15, 2021.
He joined B&B on February 8, 2008 and last posted here on December 12, 2021.
From the Netherlands, and a tool maker by trade, we were informed of his passing by his widow.
If you have information you would like to share about talibeard, please contact a Moderator of your choice.
He certainly will be missed by his friends and associates here at B&B.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
In Memoriam

36529.png

@oc_in_fw
oc_in_fw, passed away on Friday July 21, 2023.
He joined B&B on December 24, 2010 and last posted here on July 14, 2023.
He was a member of the B&B Stewards group, the forerunner of the Ambassadors we know today.
He was a well liked contributing member with a cheerful disposition, who always looked to the bright side of life.
His last post at B&B was:
Yes, overall my life has been pretty dang good. My bank account may not be rich, but I’m rich in everything that matters. I wouldn’t change anything.
He will be greatly missed by his friends here at B&B.

Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
In Memoriam

21066.jpg

@Mr. Scruffy
Mr. Scruffy passed away in November of 2023.
He joined B&B on August 8, 2009 and last posted here on October 26, 2023.
He was a former Moderator who was well liked by everyone who had the pleasure to have a conversation with him.
Generous to a fault, with an amazing sense of humor, he personified the gentlemanly spirit that is B&B.
His good natured manner and every day common sense were a welcome breath of fresh air.

He will be terribly missed by those of us who knew and loved him.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
In Memoriam

daqtho3-5020d889-c20c-4278-8cd4-4982fd4d7585.jpg

@Rosseforp
Rosseforp passed away on Wednesday, 03 January 2024.
He joined B&B on February 13, 2019, and last posted here on December 18, 2023.
He was an Ambassador for B&B who was friends with countless members here.
His Journal was well read and received by all who knew him, and his sense of humor was a hallmark of his posts here.
He was always quick to offer advice and suggestions, and we are all saddened by our loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom