What's new

who is the real frank shaving seller?

i saw a few threads on the franks synthetic and was considering trying one out but who is the real seller seems a few people on the bay sell them. is there a place other than the bay to get them? are they any cheaper buying directly or can you even do that?

thanks

No you can not buy directly from FS unless you are a wholesaler.Some time ago i contacted him and he told me to purchase products from e-bay. As a matter of fact he introduce me to Ian Tang. You can find him in e-bay your self ( iantang19821024)

No you can not buy directly from FS unless you are a wholesaler.Some time ago i contacted him and he told me to purchase products from e-bay. As a matter of fact he introduce me to Ian Tang. You can find him in e-bay your self ( iantang19821024)

Wrong. I am not a wholesaler, but I have purchased dozens of brushes from Frank Shaving in China. They only care about the minimum order which was 25 brushes at the time I was buying. And no, there is no one named Frank...even the famed Ian (Yan) Tang is a middleman. There are also three different Frank Shaving companies in China, and dozens of off-shoots, including LiJun, and HaiFeng. It is not hard to reverse engineer a shaving brush, especially given that 99.999% of badger comes from China to begin with...

That does not mean they are inferior in any way...some of the sellers are unscrupulous, but for the more part they make fine brushes.

I have been posting in favor of Chinese brushmakers for YEARS.

so crag which was the person or seller you dealt with so i ask the right person was that ian? or did you contact them through the website directly?

mastershake
user-offline.png
Wetshaving is going to save me money ...right

Nice to see another fellow ATHF fan. In shakes voice. IT.... WAS.... Supposed To BUT..... There IS...

so crag which was the person or seller you dealt with so i ask the right person was that ian? or did you contact them through the website directly?

Not crag, obviously, but I have dealt with Ian and got my synthetic from him. Took just under 2 weeks to get my brush from him.

You should be fine dealing with him or with frankshaving.com direcctly.

Was he banned for unscrupulous dealings with members, or for violating posting content policies? (Seems like a fair question, as I'd like to know if he (IanTang) is safe to deal with.)

I have been posting in favor of Chinese brushmakers for YEARS.

I like the Chinese brushes too. Think about it this way; they have a giant market that needs servicing. While many Chinese men do not have heavy facial hair they also do not have *NO* facial hair. And many folks in the Indian market right next door do have substantial facial hair.

I have several dirt cheap horse hair brushes - no they aren't soft and billowy. They're actually very stiff to start out. But I love them. They're plain unornamented wood handled brushes that are built tough as nails.

I got mine from Ian Tang and they shipped the same day. My brush took like 3-4 weeks I think, but it was just delayed by the mailing service. The brush looks and works great, so I don't think there's anything to worry about getting it through Ian Tang, other than you'll have to wait 2-4 weeks.

I have purchased twice from Ian Tang and both times I received my orders in less than 3 weeks. Quality synthetic brush and other purchase was razor/finest badger and stand set which was given as a Christmas gift and quality of all 3 were quite nice.

i saw a few threads on the franks synthetic and was considering trying one out but who is the real seller seems a few people on the bay sell them. is there a place other than the bay to get them? are they any cheaper buying directly or can you even do that?

thanks

Keyser Söze.

Top Bottom