What's new

Who Is Guilty Of Buying Their Own Christmas Present?

Mmmmeeeeeeeee!!!
1941 (approximate) Gillette Tech
$il_570xN.1106199332_nrn0.jpg

Me too.....

I'm still down in Florida by myself trying to repair our hurricane damaged house so I indulged myself with a B-2K+ upgrade for my Hottop coffee roaster.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...e-roaster-modifications?p=8726704#post8726704

Well worth the indulgement since I have more razors than I can use in another full lifetime.

Being able to roast coffee has helped keep my mind off of all the work that still remains on the house :sad:

I spend Christmas day doing the rebuild.

I did, sort of accidentally! I bid on a rhodium plated Fat Boy not expecting to win, and mine was the only bid! It arrived yesterday! Very shiny, and I hope to try it out this weekend.
$20161228_163317.jpg

First Gillette vintage purchase. Adjustable slim (1964) gave it a go today with green tube proraso, astra blade and some proraso splash (love the menthol if you couldn't tell!!). 2nd ever BBS shave. Can say I'm very pleased.

Can also say I'm traveling and won a fatboy before I left, so will be returning home to one final gift!!

I do this every December but it's because my birthday is also in December. So it's usually a birthday/ Xmas present. This year I got myself a nice watch Casio GShock and some soaps and Aftershaves.

Unintentional but payment and delivery worked out to be my Xmas gift to myself.

Broken Ivory scales. Fredrick Reynolds Wedge blade. Gave it to Alfredo and magic happened.

proxy.php

Here's the cousin (JW Ragg Paragon with new ivory scales) with the both razors.

proxy.php

Yes, well sort of. ATT Calypso R1 sent on December 7th, arrived at my local sorting office December 16th. The Royal Mail then seemed to have mislaid it and it was finally delivered today. Can't wait to try it out.

Oh no, Todd! When RAD hits you, it hits you hard my friend.[emoji6]

Kindly,
Adam

Ain't that the truth. But here's the rub. I've been in this now for a year. I've amassed quite the collection of both new and vintage gear, including brushes, double edge razors, blades, lather bowls, creams, aftershaves, etc. As a result I have no need for anything else. For that reason I am participating in the 2017 Shaving Purchase Sabbatical. I can devote 2017 to learning how to use the new straight and when 2018 comes around, I can think about buying some straights if I find that I like that approach to shaving. And if not, I can pif the Gold Dollar to someone like myself who is curious about shaving with a straight razor. The Poor Man Strop Kit is on its way from Larry at Whipped Dog and as soon as it arrives, I'm going to give the razor a trial run. Happy New Year to you Adam.

I'm old and nobody knows what to get me, including myself. Anything I order in December that's shave related I let my wife open the box to see if there's something she wants to gift or parcel out for the kids & g-kids to wrap. My (adult) daughters already know that a bottle of gin is a safe bet for any occasion.

Top Bottom