What's new

Who is George Peel 1821 ???

Hi I'm Debbie I just signed up today. I have a set of straight razors I have been lugging around with me for last 7 yrs since I inherited them from my dad's shed. The wooden box is not in good shape anyway, but there's an inscription on the bottom of it that reads
George Peel March of 1821, John Rawes , a gift from Robert Eldon Peel Esq , son of the above , July 16 th 1889.
I don't know we're dad got it from he never mentioned it. Does anyone here know who these people are or are interested in them. The handles a wood grain but in a tortoise shell colour ..... There's 7 blades with shoulders and the day of the week etched along the top. Blades are shiny an look nearly brand new considering they are well over 100 yrs plus. Let me.
D

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
George Peel is not an uncommon name. Some pictures of the razors and box would help enormously. Where you father lived would also help narrow a few variables down.

This may be the George and Robert Peel referred to:

Last edited:
Pics of the razors would be nice but probably not helpful in determining who those people are. If the goal here is to identify those persons, then checking with local historians might be a good start. 7 day sets are were often given as sets and the date of 1821 suggests the gift was most likely handed off person to person. So they were, probably, local.
Could also just be something someone picked up at an auction or something, and then all bets are off.

Top Bottom