What's new

Who is a REALLY good repair source

Have a crack in the forend of my beloved Remington 1100. It isn’t all the way through but that will surely be a matter of time. I could probably replace it but I really would rather not. It is a beautiful piece of wood. There has to be a quality repair source out there. Anyone know of a craftsman who can make the repair?

EB50CF5E-1C68-4296-B82A-FE3741DB7D3C.jpeg

#10 glue? Guess I can’t make it all that much worse☹️

I would think if you don't have a good gunsmith around, check with some antique furniture repair or restoration companies. If I were feeling crafty, I might toy with the idea of using a slow setting epoxy in a vacuum to really stabilize the wood.

In my neck of the woods, the flood of cheap 1100s has dried up. There as 3 year period where I was picking them up for $300 all day long. I ran through a good number of them, putting together the best of the best barrel lengths and excellent condition wood and receivers. I have only one now, but it is gorgeous. Thankfully i was able to buy them for $300 and resell them a couple months later for $450 to $600. Just a difference in the locations of the different gun shows. Maybe these haven't dried up in your area and you can pick one up for a donor.

4531F514-26DD-46EF-83C0-D05CF0BB5EAE.jpeg

Got my repaired fore end back today. Not a bad repair at all. Hardly perfect but this is a 15 year old shotgun; not at all a safe queen

Top Bottom