What's new

Who here uses Clubman Pinaud?

I use it and love it. It reminds me of the talc (Pinaud Clubman talc - still available today) the old timey barbers used on the back of my neck when they whisked me off after a haircut when I was just a wee lad. Oh, those were carefree times. I view Clubman as a classic scent, with powder and citrus overtones that is always in style. Of course, I qualify pretty much as an old codger, so classic fragrances are my cup of tea. To borrow a phrase from the review section of this site - smells like your grandpa, not your gay lover.

Gotta love it.

I use it and love it. It reminds me of the talc (Pinaud Clubman talc - still available today) the old timey barbers used on the back of my neck when they whisked me off after a haircut when I was just a wee lad. Oh, those were carefree times. I view Clubman as a classic scent, with powder and citrus overtones that is always in style. Of course, I qualify pretty much as an old codger, so classic fragrances are my cup of tea. To borrow a phrase from the review section of this site - smells like your grandpa, not your gay lover.

Gotta love it.

I agree that its a classic scent, i'm only a youngster, but i remember my grandpa having colognes and aftershaves that smelled like Clubman Pinaud.

I just never knew what the smell was supposed to be, all i knew was that it smelled good.

I love it, but it's a little too strong as is, so I cut it with a little witch hazel and aloe, and make my own scented ASB. It reminds me of talcum powder, and is my favorite late nite scent. And you can't beat the price!

I have it and use it occasionally. It's pretty good at killing razor burn and soothing my skin, but I really don't like the smell. It's a little too old timey for my personal tastes.

But it's IMHO, one of the more soothing and moisturizing AS out there, so it still has a place in my medicine chest.

I wore it today. I butchered myself with a duff blade and used it anyway. Extra burn, but I still liked it. I followed it up later with an unscented balm, but still had the scent going. Love the old school scent.

HUGE Pinaud Clubman fan here! At $5.99 for a 12-ounce bottle (Sally Beauty), it's an exceptional value... especially when you consider that most concur that it's a long-lasting scent (I'd agree). For those that DO like the scent, may I recommend the Pinaud Clubman Talc. With the warmer weather soon approaching (hopefully), I love using the talc as one would similarly use a body talc. I apply it with my old Burma Shave brush in the same manner in which a barber might utilize a neck duster. I find Clubman Talc adds some extra sweat protection, and of course, it compliments the aftershave scent very well. I use these two in conjunction with one another in the mornings berfore work. After work 8 hours at the office, I go directly to the gym for my daily workout. Upon perspiring at the gym, the fragrance is STILL there, as true as it was in the morning hours (YMMV)! Like the aftershave, it can also be had at Sally Beauty for a very attractive price. Just my $0.02...

-Pete

Old school- like your father or grandfather- depending on your age- good memories as well- simpler times- yes I know I have not really described the floral scent- but that is what it reminds me of-

It smells like the barbershops when I was a young boy & there was no such thing as a hair stylist. I like it & the Pinaud Bay Rum. The Bay Rum sure burns like fire if applied right after shaving!!! But smells great. :001_wub:

Just used Pinaud Clubman this morning for the first time and whew it burns, but goes away quicker than the Bay Rum. The scent is refreshing and I noticed my face feels a little tight afterwards.

Cheers,

Nate

Any aftershave that has alcohol in it, for me, is always the LAST to go on.

I splash with cold water, use some Thayers Superhazel (with camphor), then the alcohol based aftershave.

the cold water and the superhazel reduce the amount of burn from the alcohol immensly.

Even Aqua Velvas burn is no more after splashing with cold water and superhazel. Unless of course you give yourself really bad razor burn, then nothng will take away the alcohol burn.

Top Bottom