What's new

Who here uses Clubman Pinaud?

I had a free 5 dollar walgreens gift card so i picked some of this up.
On the way home the bottle leaked a bit, so now my car smells like this stuff.

I'm lucky i like the smell, it feels good going on, and the scent lingers a bit so its my combo Aftershave/Cologne.

One question, What is this supposed to smell like? i like it, but i have no idea what the smell is.

I just picked up a bottle Friday. I'll be using it for the first time later today. I'm not sure what it's suppose to smell like, but to me it smells a little like Brut.

I know what you mean about it leaking. Definitely need to tighten the lid if you're traveling with it.

i really like the scent, too. But I swear it reminds me of a veterinarian's office...specifically of the flea dip...(but in a good way).

On basenotes, one of the reviewers describes it as "Herbs and powder with a hint of citrus".

I agree with the "powder" descriptor. It is a very clean and pleasant scent.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Clubman is one of my guilty pleasures. I think it has a nice, old school scent, but burns the dickens out of me when used as an aftershave.

What's up with the bottles leaking? I had a bottle that leaked while in an overnight bag few yeas ago. The bag smelled nice for a long time, as did the closet it was kept in.

I don't know what the fragrance is, other than to say that it is on of those scents that reminds me of a barbershop, same as Aqua Velva or Mennan Skin Bracer. For me, those are pleasant nostalgia trips.

Pinaud Clubman is in my rotation also. Some of those older AS are actually very good, for example, Aqua Velva and Old Spice.

I've been using Clubman for several months. I only got it because of the things people were saying on this forum. I really like it.

It is a perfect complement to at least two of my Mama Bear's soaps, Smokin' and Dragon's Blood. I also like to use it after soaps and creams that don't have much scent, such as Palmolive Lather Cream.

Tim

I enjoyo it as well, when I'm not using Aqua Velva. I agree, it smells similar to brut. I find the scent pretty strong so I mix it 50/50 with water and keep it in an atomizer.

I have it because it was that "barbershop smell" where ever I lived. I don't use it often though because the scent can easily linger into the next day making me tired of it.

Clubman is one of my guilty pleasures. I think it has a nice, old school scent, but burns the dickens out of me when used as an aftershave.

I used it twice so far, i find that it burns like the fires of hell if i dont rinse with cold water.

If i do, it "tingles" a bit, but its no where near the burn of Aqua Velva as an aftershave

EDIT: i forgot to mention that i like this aftershave because of the fact that when you tip the bottle upsidedown, you actually have to squeeze the bottle to make the aftershave come out.

With Aqua Velva i get aftershave all over the bottle, and i have to rinse the bottle off before i put it back into my cabinet, otherwise i get a blue ring.

Clubman smells like a '50s barbershop. :w00t:

Smells like '60s, '70, '80's, 90's and '00s barbershops too. At least I've never been in a barbershop (as opposed to a hair salon) that didn't smell like Pinaud Clubman, though I'm told that such things do exist in other parts of the world.

When I was in the service, while everybody else was enjoying the trendy hairstyles of the day (like mullets and rat-tails), I had to keep a short traditional haircut. This necessitated patronizing old-man barbershops and base barbers regularly. I got to like the whole experience, including the smell of the aftershave they'd put on after they shaved the back of my neck and under the sideburns. One day I was looking for an aftershave in a Mom & Pop drug store and took a whiff of Pinaud Clubman. As soon as I smelled it, I knew that was the smell. I've always had a bottle around ever since.

I wanted something similar to what my barber used. I guessed that it might be Clubman Pinuad, and I was right. I find that it has a clean brisk scent which includes some lemon.

Top Bottom