What's new

Who here loves brushless creams? Tell us your stories!

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Feather Hi Shave gel is excellent.

But you do know that you can use most shaving cream as brushless? Many are labeled ‘brush or brushless’.

There is a brushless that comes in a brown tube and has Jack in the name. Saw it at the store not long ago. Anyone know what I'm talking about or tried it?

There is a brushless that comes in a brown tube and has Jack in the name. Saw it at the store not long ago. Anyone know what I'm talking about or tried it?
Pretty sure you are referring to Everyman Jack brushless shave cream. I use it regularly and like it. I can usually get a pack of three tubes from amazon for about $20. I think I have seen it in Target and drugstores a well. I tend to get irritation from scent additions and the Everyman is basically scentless as far as my nose and face are concerned. I do like using some homemade preshave oil underneath it, however.
everyman jack.jpg

Feather Hi Shave gel is excellent.
I tried a version of Feather's shave gel many years ago along with a gel face wash they made. The packaging (compared to what I just googled) was completely different (and labeled entirely in Japanese). That version of the shave gel didn't provide as much lubrication as I like. I might have to give this version a try, assuming it has been reformulated from the one I tried.

Pretty sure you are referring to Everyman Jack brushless shave cream. I use it regularly and like it. I can usually get a pack of three tubes from amazon for about $20. I think I have seen it in Target and drugstores a well. I tend to get irritation from scent additions and the Everyman is basically scentless as far as my nose and face are concerned. I do like using some homemade preshave oil underneath it, however.
View attachment 1282051
Yes, that's it. Thanks. I might try it sometime.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I used Gillette gel and some Gillette foam for over thirty years and prefer the gel. I started traditional wet shaving 4 years ago and I still sort of use a combination of both processes of brush and hand lathering. I make the lather with the brush and apply the first 2 passes with the brush(I think the brush has the luxury feel when applying and scrubs better) and apply some lather for final pickups under the neck mostly and then I use my left hand to feel the spots missed and it seems to stand the missed hairs up if I use a rub ATG with the hand for the final pass to finish off the shave. I get excellent shaves using both methods of brush and hand lathering.
I had 3 brand new cans of Nivea foam from a Walmart sale and just recently gave them away. I still have 1 can the wife might use for her legs.
Nothing wrong with gel or foam but it is not the same as making your own lather with a brush IMO.( hard to shake old methods of lathering by hand at first IMO)

I have semi-sensitive skin (shaving doesn't really bother it as long as my setup is good, but most gels and creams irritate it to one degree or another) and I absolutely love the Cremo in the white tube. Every Man Jack, in spite of what it claims on the label, irritated my skin pretty badly.

The great thing about Cremo is that you can apply it straight from the tube to your wet face, or you can whip up a very respectable lather with just a little water and a brush.

I love whatever works for me and I shave head and face. Recently I tried pacific company caffinated cream and it is great stuff. Leaves your skin soft and hydrated. Inexpensive (bought a 3 pack from amazon). For the longest time I only used a brush but this stuff works. I'm gonna try some other ones.

Tried Cremo blue (the mentholated variety) today and tl;dr it is as good as the "normal" Proraso SC in terms of performance. I like the stronger menthol concentration of the Cremo.

The only brushless cream I use is Iron Ranger “Patchouli”. Julie started the business as a way to help take her mind off her daughter’s battle with cancer. She is an amazingly nice person and the service is top notch. Each bottle is hand packed and the product is of the highest quality. The scent stays with you most of the day and the cream’s lather is like whipped butter. It leaves your face incredibly smooth and moisturized. It's almost enough to make me give up my beloved Eucris! I hope you will consider supporting her. ( I have no relationship with Julie or her business other than as a very satisfied customer) Iron Ranger shaving cream can be found on Etsy here: Patchouli Orange Fathers Day GiftShaving Cream Self Care | Etsy - https://www.etsy.com/listing/1002056458/patchouli-orange-fathers-day-giftshaving?ref=shop_home_active_7&pro=1

287C2CD7-F794-4C13-931A-C0454FFBC064.jpeg

There are mass market brushless creams from brands like Gillette, Edge, Neutrogena, Every Man Jack, Cremo, and more sold in stores like Target or CVS. They're not my favorite but some people like the thicker lather since it doesn't have water and air whipped into it. It can be harder to rinse off a double edge razor.

I personally like brushless creams. Kiehl‘s work well, but are difficult to rinse off without a strong flow from the tap. I find that kind of wasteful. That being said, I just spent way too much money on some products by Cellmen. Their Wash and Shave foaming cleanser is incredible for shaving. I use only a single pump. The lubrication and protection are better than any brush type soap or cream I’ve ever used. After a good rinse, the post shave feel is also great. I follow it up with a gel from Babor and then a moisturizer by Cellmen. Sunscreen by Biologique Recherche if I go out in the sun. A little goes a long way with all of them. I’m uncertain if I’ll spend the money in future, but I might. I quite like them all, as does my skin.

Its funny, but I think I get a better shave with Proraso (or C.O.Bigelow) green or white than I do using a brush with it. Especially the white.

I tried this recently because it was inexpensive and I think its great.

1629251829678.png

When I first began to shave, I used a Gillette Atra and my shaving cream came from a can. So I am not beholden to a brush. I like the versatility of using creams than can either be applied by hand or a brush and I have done both. I don't use I brush when I shave before work to cut down on time. The creams I have used this far are Proraso Red and Lucky Tiger. I applied these with a brush and also I have used them brushless. I usually use my brush on the days I don't work.

Top Bottom